Cloe Update...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I am convinced she is never going to have these babies.....

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey hey hey! dont get discouraged. just ask Jenny... we all about went crazy with Skittles! we thought she was never ganna pop then one day she popped!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHe will trust me Let nature do it... Leave her be give extra love... If she has a favorite spot turn it into her nest...

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I took Cloe back to the vet today. They were conserned about the discharge she was having. They think she has a vaginal infection. They wanted to do x-rays to make sure the infection wasn't in her uterus or if there could possibly be a dead baby causing an infection. He said if it was then they need to do a c-section, but I just don't have the extra money. I feel so terrible that I can not do more, I just cried and cried. I just can't take away from my kids. Please don't get me wrong, I love my cat very much and if I could do more then I would in a heart beat. I just hope everyone doesn't think bad of me for my decision. I got her some antibiotics, so hopefully that will help. The babies are ok, they are still very active. He counted 5 but said there could be more. Her milk is in. He said I could have possibly miss calculated when she got pregnant. He said it can possibly still be a few more days. The vet said since she has no fever and there seems to be no pain in her belly then she will probably be just fine. I will keep everyone updated on her, and let everyone know if she has her babies ok.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pokey, don't feel bad, you are doing the best you can. Adina had the same thing. I gave her antibiotics too and her babies are fine. Just watch her carefully and make sure she doesn't develop a fever or start to act stressed. Well, more than a mom expecting multiple babies

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pokey26_f

Well I took Cloe back to the vet today. They were conserned about the discharge she was having. They think she has a vaginal infection. They wanted to do x-rays to make sure the infection wasn't in her uterus or if there could possibly be a dead baby causing an infection. He said if it was then they need to do a c-section, but I just don't have the extra money. I feel so terrible that I can not do more, I just cried and cried. I just can't take away from my kids. Please don't get me wrong, I love my cat very much and if I could do more then I would in a heart beat. I just hope everyone doesn't think bad of me for my decision. I got her some antibiotics, so hopefully that will help. The babies are ok, they are still very active. He counted 5 but said there could be more. Her milk is in. He said I could have possibly miss calculated when she got pregnant. He said it can possibly still be a few more days. The vet said since she has no fever and there seems to be no pain in her belly then she will probably be just fine. I will keep everyone updated on her, and let everyone know if she has her babies ok.
I think you are doing good. Also no fever is a good thing

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure now that Cloe is having contractions. They are about 2 minutes or so apart.

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cloe and babies are all doing great. She is being a very good momma. She is eating and drinking just fine. I will post more pictures later today, in a new thread.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Babies!!!! Congratulations Cloe! I am sure you will be a woderful mama cat!
Please keep us posted.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done, Chloe! 3 beautiful little babies!!!!

With the possibility of infection you may be facing with Chloe, monitor the kittens closely!

You're doing a great job, and congratulations!

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well babies are 3 days old and they are doing great. Cloe is doing good also. I don't think she even had an infection. She is showing no more signs of it at all. Should I still give her the antibiotics? Or will it transfer to the babies in the milk?

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok here are some new pictures of the babies. The order they are in, is the order they were born in.....

And here is one of Momma and the babies....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by pokey26_f

Well babies are 3 days old and they are doing great. Cloe is doing good also. I don't think she even had an infection. She is showing no more signs of it at all. Should I still give her the antibiotics? Or will it transfer to the babies in the milk?
If your vet prescribed them knowing about the kittens, then finish the course of antibiotics. Or check with your vet about it. Antibiotics need to run the full course to be effective. Otherwise you end up with a nastier infection later.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized there were 5 kittens, not 3!!! My bad!!!!!!!

The second from the last baby in the photos is such a cutie!!!! They are all beautiful kittens. Yes, I'd finish the antibiotics if I were you...but if you're really unsure, I'd give the vet a quick call.