cliques

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I haven't noticed that. But then again, I'm used to being the voice of dissent.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone answers my threads.
That pretty much sums up my feeling too. Oh, I guess a few times, people have been a little condescending or inconsiderate. But those are rare occasions -- for the most part, I'm just amazed by the great kindness people have shown me here, members and moderators alike.

Love this place!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit reluctant to start threads. No one wants to hear about pointless stuff from me (not that I can blame them
).
But I don't feel excluded exactly, there's too many active members for that to really happen.
I am starting to feel that way about another forum I'm on, and to be honest the place has degraded anyways. Too many new members, too many kids, and their arguing with senior members, mods, or even an admin seems to have pushed some members away. I now stick to just one little section or else I'll have everything I say picked apart by 13 year olds (who very much act their age).

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a newbie, and I see it. I see it happen with others too, so I don't take it personal. I also know that I've been a member for awhile and have only a little over 800 posts where as some people who have been here less that a year have thousands! I take that all into consideration. I can't log in at work and am busy with life in general, therefore people don't know me on here that well.

I grew up with cats and they have made a great impact on my life and always will. I can share that here with everyone here. I have gotten great advice on this site. I decided to get Chevy because of this site and everyone's stories about how their cats enjoy eachother's company! Trust me, Scott and I had many discussions and even went "cat searching" many times never finding a kitty that called out to us. We also were going to places that had a high adoption rate (cats there for a month or less before being adopted). Its great that they can do that and remain no-kill, but we wated a cat in need. This site helped me do that!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This has already been hashed out in the IMO thread that was linked to on page one for 22 pages, and it was closed because there wasn't anything new added for about the last 2 pages.

I'm sorry that some people feel there are cliques here. I don't - I think there are some groups of people who have been here for a long time, AND post a lot who have formed friendships. Yes, they answer each other's posts. But I'm here every day, and I don't see anyone doing the active exclusion, flaming, and nastiness that is inherent in "cliques". There are new people who join here every day and make friends here. And there are also people who have made friends here who suddenly disappear without so much as a "See ya later."

At this point, I don't think that this thread will do anything but give rise to the possibility of hurt feelings, rehashing the thread in IMO, and the possibility of negative feedback of the site which would be a violation of Rule #7. So this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.