clipping/trimming cat claw's help!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Actually, we just use the larger toe-nail clippers for people. I hate those cat nail clippers that are in that circle - I find them really hard to work, it's hard for me to see around all that metal, and they definitely slowed me down!

Laurie
I agree Laurie. I've tried the cat clippers and did not like them at all. I just use the regular sized human clippers. We have Bijou and Mika trained so well that it's no problem doing their nails anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I agree Laurie. I've tried the cat clippers and did not like them at all. I just use the regular sized human clippers. We have Bijou and Mika trained so well that it's no problem doing their nails anyway.
i think am definately going to try now!

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I always try to trim my kitty's nails when she is very sleepy. Otherwise, I could still do it but it would not be short of a tug of war. I wonder if anyone's kitty growl or hiss the moment you clip the nail. I don't feel pain when I clip my nail but do they? Or are they just simply uncomfortable?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I wonder if anyone's kitty growl or hiss the moment you clip the nail.
well... not at the moment. but Firefox complains, by alternately growling & hissing at me when i cut hers. Cable used to, too, when she was younger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i bought some cat clipper's yesterday. i did Izzy's claw's successfully, she moaned a little bit though hehe!
they are sooo much better now!