clipping nails

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... the patience that some of you guys have is incredibly admirable!

Holland has never scratched my furniture, and she uses her scratching post daily. But she's an indoor only kitty, so she doesn't have trees or concrete to help her out. I know her claws are getting too long when she starts getting "stuck" in the carpet when she's playing or when it hurts to have her sit on my lap...

My brother and SIL have a beagle who tore a nail in their carpet, and it's become a fear that Holland will do the same thing, so I try to trim her claws before they get too long. I can say that the more she gets used to it, the more she tolerates it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear of your problems with clipping. My cat doesn't mind a nail trim and we kitty burrito each week.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can now clip all five of mines ... Quite a fet since two are semi feral and one is still ansy around most humans...

My boys I sit away from me in my lap and do one paw at a time , talking to them and cuddling them
... Then they get a special treat in another room

For the former feral ladies : I use one of two methods ... get them half asleep and get two or three nails at a time... Or do Brothers in front of them and then go see they did it ( this method works better with the one I have had for five yrs..) ... or I say lets practice nail trimming and startle them as I ACTUALLY do it