Clifton New Jersey anyone?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter and her family and inlaws are in Clifton, New Jersey. They went on vacation to see NYC and are now in the path of Irene.

For whatever reason, they have no intention of coming home, even tho it's only an 8 hour drive. It is stupid and irresponsible for them to stay in a motel during a hurricane. She was brought up safely in western New York state where the only threat was an occassional heavy snow storm.

So, if there is anyone out there in that area, could you keep me posted...as well as you can of course...you are in a bad area also.

Stay safe all.

This is just amazing to me they would stay....

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't Irene forecast to be Category 1 by the time it gets to NY? If that's the case, they will probably be ok. Cat. 1 is dangerous but its not THAT bad. I'd be concerned but not panicking.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They certainly have plenty of time to drive home. I agree it'd be the smart thing to do. I know Clifton. It's about 45 minutes east of us. Although far more suburban than where we are, the area is also prone to power outages when there are big storms.

If they need to get upstate, at whatever point it is, obviously info at the time will be best, but I'm guessing I-287 north to the NY State Thruway will likely be the easiest route to drive.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have relatives that live in Clifton NJ, according to them the hurricane is only supposed to be a Category 1. I'm sure your daughter will be fine.