Clicking sound in newborn kitten!!!!HELP!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don’t second guess all your hard work. The kitten needed your care and loving touch beyond all else. Dehydration can take them out very quickly. You did a very, very good thing. The clicking kitten did great too. Slapping sibling to feed means it is still strong enough to fight. That is the very best sign you could ask for. The vet can give antibiotics if needed before they are released. You can inquire about the clicking kitten before taking them out. The mother’s love can do much to help as well. I add my prayers to yours that all will be well for them all now. Go and rest well knowing you have done an amazing job with these kitties.

I love the photo! It is most precious to see the mom and babies together! Thank you! Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gigi898

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet said its not a concern. Because it was an emergency we had to bring the mom cat to the closet open vet available in the neighborhood; and to be honest I felt that this vet is pretty incompetent. I have to bring them to my trusted vet which is one hour drive away tomorrow.
We just brought the momma cat and the kittens home after spending all day at the vet. We decided to keep the cat indoors and she will stay in my bedroom isolated from my cats. She was nursing in the car and meowing here and there during the drive. Now she is settled in my bedroom, she is going around meowing very loudly. She walks up to her kittens and meows and then walks away meowing. But she follows the feeding schedule and nurses her kittens on time. However, when she is not nursing or doing the plumbing, she stays outside and walks around meowing. I dont know what's going on. It looks like we're in for another sleepless night. From what we found out, she is an abandoned cat thats been living on the streets for last 2 years. Her ears are all black with wounds inside and it smells. When she shakes her head, black crusts fall from her ears. JESUS CHRIST!! To me, it looks like a very bad earmite case. I just cleaned her ears with cat ear cleaning solution and rubbed the wound with olive oil. (Olive oil cured one of my cat's earmites when none of the medicines worked). Could she be in pain? or could she be meowing to let outside? :?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gigi898

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*Stays outside of the basket that I prepared for them where the kittens are now. Because she is not staying with them, I put heat pad under the blankets.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s wonderful that they are inside your room now. Much safer! It’s also good you are planning to take her to your trusted vet tomorrow. It sounds like ear mites, and she may need further treatments on her ears. It takes about a month to completely get rid of mites, and sometimes there is an underlying infection that requires antibiotics.

Is she eating well?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You have done a hero's task, and all unprepared. Kudos to you! I so hope that the clicking kitten makes it. The fact that her mother cleaned her and allowed her to nurse is an excellent sign, you know. Mother cats will isolate and ignore a kitten too sick and weak to survive without heroic measures. They have to, for the good of the rest of the litter. She did not, and little Click is so determined to thrive that she fought off a bigger sibling!