Cleo is in labor I am a wreck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I had to put the kitten back in. She kept getting out of her nest area to find it. Now that it is in with her she has gone back into the nesting box. Here belly is still hard and I can feel something on the one side I am thinking there is one more kitten. Hopefully all goes well.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When and if another baby comes....take the dead baby out. If not, I would take the baby out soon so she doesn't get too attached. She will look for it yes, but she will get over it. Poor thing...

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PassiquePersian

When and if another baby comes....take the dead baby out. If not, I would take the baby out soon so she doesn't get too attached. She will look for it yes, but she will get over it. Poor thing...
once her labour had stopped wont she notice its dead and move it herself?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

once her labour had stopped wont she notice its dead and move it herself?
Might, might not, depends on the momcat. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't, and sometimes they'll move the healthy kitten instead.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When
Limeny
died, CJ didn't move it nor the other kittens at all. She just left him there. Now,
Limeny
had only been dead for a few minutes before I found him, but CJ didn't react at all to his death. Probably because AL was having some problems, and didn't nurse well, and she normally only had two nursing at all times, and one sleeping, so she didn't really notice when he kitten went missing.

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I removed the kitten again. Cleo is doing fine I will keep everyone updated.

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right lye her on her side if you can and tell if you can feel kittens still on both sides or just the one.

because sometimes went a cat mates twice she will carry to different litters one on each side

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cant feel movment but I do feel something on one side. Her belly is still firm on both sides but the one side is noticable.

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet told me they can do nothing and they didnt know why I was calling. There are no other vets in my town.

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well nothing new. I am going to call another vet in the morning and see if I can get her in. She is acting normal and meowing at me like she always does. Maybe I was wrong and she is done.

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I don't know what is happening with Cleo but just checking in! You might very well wake up next morning with a couple of kittens in the nesting box...?

Sorry there aren't better vets nearby to help you. In an emergency, I could literally stand up now and be inside the doors of the closest clinic in less than five minutes.

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is acting her normal (non pregnant) self. Her belly is still hard. I am hoping to get to a vet today.