Clear liquid on my bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

When you talk to the vet, mention the liquid. It's possible that it could be very dilute urine. My kitties Spot and Willow both peed on things a few days ago. Willow's was very concentrated and a deep yellow, while Spot's was almost as clear as water. If I hadn't seen him do it, I would have though something had spilled. You may want to have a follow-up urinalysis done to check the specific gravity and to see if there are crystals. I would be careful about stopping the medication suddenly. Different medications have different half-lives, and (at least in humans) they can have severe withdrawl symptoms. Willow (who has bouts of cystitis, no crystals) was on amitriptyline for a while. It helped, but I made sure to taper very slowly, going from halves to quarters to quarters every other day. I would imagine a cat would become very confused at withdrawl symptoms.
He hasn't drank enough water to have that much liquid on the bed! It honestly looked like saliva and I literally stuck my nose right too it (ew) and it smelt like nothing at all.

He is also on a low ph low ash food right now (wysong), and i feed him wet food every other day (wellness).

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by home.slice

What makes it harder is the people in my life don't understand my attachment to him and why I've spent all the money and all my time when he is just "a cat".

It sometimes makes me second guess myself.

Plus I also have a new 4 month old kitten as well in the small apartment, which he's alright, mischeivous, but you know how it is.

I just wish things were easier.
It'll get better, Sweetie!! We'll keep your little guy in our thoughts and prayers!!

I'm so sorry to hear that your little guy is having such a hard time. I can understand how it would be so difficult for you, his mama, to go through, too. We're all thinking of you. Like it was said, be sure to get enough sleep and eat enough. This is a rough time, but you two will get past it together.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by home.slice

He hasn't drank enough water to have that much liquid on the bed! It honestly looked like saliva and I literally stuck my nose right too it (ew) and it smelt like nothing at all.
Pixel occasionally vomits up saliva, altho it usually has hair in it, making it easier to identify. kitten pee is fairly low odor, but even Java's smells now, & she's about 8 month old. does the vet charge for rechecks? my last one didn't charge for a visit regarding the same problem unless more tests or medication were warranted.

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave the vet a ring today and I was told to stop the medication immediately and keep an eye on his movements and etc for the next day or two. If the vomitting happens again or if the runs don't start to stiffen up then I will take him in.

I also have to keep an eye of his urine to make sure the blood doesn't come back because of the crystals.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you called, I hope his stools firm up, and his urine stays clear.

home.slice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night was still a very loose stool. But I'm giving it one more day as I know it takes a bit for the medication to get out of the system.

I'm still keeping an eye.

But I will say he spent the night chasing the kitten, and keeping me up lol