Clear droplets falling from right nostril in kitten. Is this a call for concern?

Yania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So yesterday and today I noticed something clear falling out of my 3-month-old kitten Oreo, at first I didn't think much of it but today I saw it again when she was lying down in the daylight and her right nostril is kind of runny. She and her little sis Nugget are both fully vaccinated and when I first got them they were never sick, every time my mom and I went to the vet I was told that they were always healthy and just needed to be vaccinated. They got their rabies vaccination recently so they're fully vaccinated and now we're just waiting for them to be spayed. Could this be a sign of a viral infection or could it just be allergies?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday and today I noticed something clear falling out of my 3-month-old kitten Oreo, at first I didn't think much of it but today I saw it again when she was lying down in the daylight and her right nostril is kind of runny. She and her little sis Nugget are both fully vaccinated and when I first got them they were never sick, every time my mom and I went to the vet I was told that they were always healthy and just needed to be vaccinated. They got their rabies vaccination recently so they're fully vaccinated and now we're just waiting for them to be spayed. Could this be a sign of a viral infection or could it just be allergies?
Thanks for being a good cat guardian and being concerned about your kittens. If they are fully vaccinated, this is very good; it could be either one, so you might want to call your vet and describe what is going on and for how long it has been happening, and asking whether you should bring her in or not. Better safe than not, always, right? Please let us know what is happening, yes?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be allergies or just a drippy nose. A cat nose is normally just moist with no discharge but one of my cat's is always wet to the point where it occasionally drips. You can talk with your vet about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yania

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for being a good cat guardian and being concerned about your kittens. If they are fully vaccinated, this is very good; it could be either one, so you might want to call your vet and describe what is going on and for how long it has been happening, and asking whether you should bring her in or not. Better safe than not, always, right? Please let us know what is happening, yes?
Thank you. And I will definitely take it up with the vet, I’ll keep you updated!