Clear discharge with a bit of blood? signs of labor? help please

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little bit earlier today I was watching my cat Toby, who is pregnant and she was breathing normally then all of a sudden she sort of pulled her diaphram(sp?) up like a really deep hiccup.

then a little bit ago she was laying on my lap and normally shes's content to lay on my lap for hours and hours and hours..but she layed there for a few minutes then wanted to get up, she got up and on my leg was a little glob of discharge with a bit of blood in it, she was nice enough to clean it off my leg >.> is that the mucus plug? 

the kittens have been moving around closer to the bottom on her belly and next to her hips for the last few days rather than her sides.

are what I have discribed signs of labor? she *should* be due this week, since she has been showing for close to 4 weeks now o3o.

misgnomer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just had her litter 2 days ago and this is similar. There was a glob of green mucous and then her water broken, causing several small puddles on the bed sheets. She was very affectionate this whole time and purring loudly. The first kitten was born within 2 hours.

I never saw any movement on her belly-I had heard that there could be a lot of rolling motion sort of like water boiling but I didn't see it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No more activity since that little bit of mucus, it was only a small amount, a little smaller than a dime. other than her sleeping all day, she really hasn't wanted to eat either. But the kittens have dropped definately, you can't see the bump when she lays on her side anymore.

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sure hope so! I'm so excited, you don't even. I'm probably not gonna be able to sleep tonight knowing she might have them in the middle of the night. sucks too because I've got plans tomorrow which I might just cancel lol. 

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet x_x infact not much of anything..kinda confused actually, last night her breathing was fast and kinda labored looking, she was licking her lady parts a lot and now this morning she's breathing normally and just laying around being boring D= I havn't seen the kittens moving that much either, oh this wait is killing me!

I've got to go to a friends birthday party this afternoon so maybe that'll pass the time.

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got babies! Toby just got done delivering the last(I'm pretty sure) of 5 kittens!

3 little brown tabbies, 1 little solid black and 1 calico (kinda a surprise)

momma and babies are settled in and the kittens are nursing like crazy

Will post pictures tomorrow.

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 to your babies as well! oh I feel like a giddy new father LOL.

I keep trying to take pictures and Toby keeps putting her leg over them like "nope do not disturb plz" LOL

she didn't need any help at all, she acted like an old pro despite this being her first litter.

the kittens are smaller than I remember kittens to be to! I mean, they're not tiny as in sickly and undersized but when a friend of mines cat had kittens a few years ago they were huge compared to these, but I suppose it didn't help that the father was a 20 pound maine coon!

the little calico is still a complete surprise, the black and the tabbies were a given since Tobys mom was black and white (she was also a bobtail) i haven't checked to see if they all have tails or not. and the tabbies were a given too since there is a big tabby tom that roams around here.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you weighting them?  What do they weigh?

If not, get a kitchen scale measuring in grams, and weigh them every day at the same time.

You dont need anything fancy, a cheap one will be OK.

If the shops are closed now, you can surely borrow from some neighbour. Go around and ask.  

If everything goes well, it will be a nice memory.

If anything goes wrong, it will often be your best warning system.

The tip is for everyone, so here both you Wildside and BombayMomma.

Good luck!

wildside

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't really messed with them yet, gonna go today and buy a scale, I did try to sex them and the little black one looks like a boy compared to the calico which is obviously a girl lol. infact I really haven't gotten *that* good of a look at them yet, Toby is playing the concerned mother part, the only thing that concerns me is that she gets up to eat and on'y managed to get a mouthful or two of food then if one of the kittens crys she goes straight back to the nest.

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww congrats on the kittens! My cat should be expectingthis week, the wait is killing me!