Cleaning up the crime scene

kaskacats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, many times! Mostly bird feathers everywhere, mice, one time a squirrel, and once a grouse. One time I stepped on half a mouse! In my bare feet! One word, grossssssssssss!!!!! I'm in process of turning my cats indoor only, so hopefully no more crime scenes!

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two only hunt down cockroaches - which i am more than happy about and don't mind cleaning up whatever is left of them - though not too happy finding themin the guest bed

They occasionally find a gecko - poor things.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine have lots of crime scenes but the worst are always the rabbits so horrific i try not to remember

flicksion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My old cat whiskers once killed quite a large bird. We only found out when my dad put his foot into his wellie-boot. 30 seconds later, a lot of shocked screams, wellie boot went flying throught the air and a mangled dead bird came shooting out of it. Too funny!!!!!

I felt bad for the bird but my dad's reaction had me and my mum crying with laughter. Needless to say the cat was not flavour of the month with my dad. She seemed very pleased with herself though

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lived in my old condo in Marblehead (2nd floor of an old house) I noticed that Sophie (who was still a kitten) was spending alot of time watching the stove. One night, my Mother was visiting and was in my bedroom, and I was sleeping in the living room. I used to leave a light on in the kitchen so she could find her way to the bathroom, at night. Well, I noticed Sophie tossing one of her little gray fur mice in the air and catching it and tossing it up again, etc. Then it hit the floor and moved!
Yikes!
I jumped up and realized she had a real mouse in her jaws - alive! I grabbed a grocery bag and tried to calmy ask her to give me the mouse. She let me take the mouse from her (good girl Sophie!
) Now, I am in my nightgown, with a mouse in my hand and no way to put a robe on! So I had to tiptoe down the back stairs (hoping that the man who lives below me wasn't up and about) and lay the bag and the mouse on the back steps....I think it survived!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this follows on from the thread 'what has your cat caught'

I'm afraid I have to clean up crime scenes way to often
I hate it when they catch things, but its all part of their natural instinct and thats why we love them
If they catch mice, they often bring them in still alive, so I try to rescue them, which lots of my friends cant believe that I'll actually pick a mouse up - I know a bit icky but I hate to think of not doing anything to save the little fellas

The worse one is when Pepsi catches bunnies and eats them
thing is she never eats finishes them
so theres always a leg, a lot of fluff and always, always that green hideous looking thing, think its the appendix ((((((YAK))))))

Shes not caught anything of late - touch wood