Cleaning Time

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I decided that it was time to declutter and deep clean my room. This whole week I have been sorting things into trash, keep and sale piles. Dusted, cleaned and scrubbed every hard surface. Cleared out under the bed and went through my clothes. It really needed it. Each day I spent an hour or so just to keep it manageable.

Here is what it looks like right now.... I already put the A authors back up but taking a break on TCS, lol. The bookshelf goes around the whole room with a free standing one too. Organized by author and series order within.

20170818_084510.jpg
20170818_093612.jpg

Anyone else put there need to or recently deep cleaned?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to paint mine. The glue where they put the walls together (manuf. home) is starting to show. The problem would be trying to keep the animals out while it dries and ventilates.
A soft baby blue with TARDIS blue trim would be nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not painting, although I probably should..... next deep clean.

The bookshelf would make a nice cat walk. None of my guys are really interested in high places.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been a cleaning fool these past few days. Deep vacuuming everything, a good washing the cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap, Bona-ing the wooden floors and the kitchen tile. Went through kitchen cabinets and did some organizing. A good dusting everywhere, running the dust mop in corners and along the ceilings. I've washed every window in the house (other than in the basement and will do those today while I'm down there cleaning).

I want to go through the bathroom closet today, but I'm not going to go crazy as we'll probably start gutting the entire bathroom after the Christmas holiday this year.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today: Master Bathroom top to bottom, including shower curtain and liner, and rug.

Washing towels now

Kitchen, stove, counters, cabinets, floor

Artie's bathroom, shook out and hand washed his plastic litter mats, swept the litter from the floor, taking a short break, some peanuts and water for energy, before I tackle his litter box and bathroom, and cleaning out the litter genie.

If I am still standing, I will vacuum the great room.. if not, chapter 2 will continue tomorrow.. or Monday....

My apartment smell like a salad!!! I have been using vinegar and water.. with a touch of dish detergent, then rinsing with plain water...

gotta get back to cleaning..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I will start cleaning out my office later this week. Working late until Tuesday. Then Wed night I plan on starting a burn pile. I have way too much stuff. I loved being in the rental because I had no clutter to look at and made me happy. So I know I need to let the STUFF go. Things given to me. Things I bought. And now I don't want to look at it anymore. If it's not a CD or book I want to use then it's gone. I also want to put a bed in there. I always start this project and give up because I get overwhelmed by emotions from stuff from days gone by. Now I just need to suck it up and get it done so my family doesn't have to deal with my clutter if something were to happen to me. The cats would love the extra room. And get rid of my elliptical machine and other equipment I don't use anymore. I would get a weight bench but it would end up just being a rack to hold clothes...grrr why are we so bad on collecting stuff?!! I have piles ready for Goodwill-it's walking the boxes into my truck to get rid of it or price them and stick in my shop...that's what started it-oh I will sell it so I buy it...opps!

Good job everyone with cleaning!! Get it done before the snow flies then we don't have to do it in the winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Way to go everyone!

It is always nice to see the end result of cleaning. Although the process itself can be challenging. I am still putting everything back together but the top is done so it is just reorganizing the little things.

Its also amazing how much you can get rod of. I think I did 3 large bags for trash, a medium box for sale (not counting the 3 dozen books) and moved a lot of things to new places. I redid the area above my window to a proper cat lady standard.

20170819_120256.jpg