Cleaning a leather chair (puke smell)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto puked on my gaming chair, i managed to get the chair sparkling clean again but now it still smells of puke.

Anyone know how to get puke smell off leather gaming chairs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a few things online myself too, while not specific to gaming chairs/bonded leather there are a few about getting puke smell out of leather car seats. Seems that the puke can seep through the seem into the cushion and get trapped there.

I really don't want to resort to vinegar as it smells almost as bad as the puke does.

They suggset sprinkling baking soda on the seat and seams and letting it sit for a few hours before vaccuming it up. This is what I am currently trying.

Just have to make sure Kabuto stays off or he will be pure white instead of black and white.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like baking soda is the cure for everything. I even used it when I had a clogged toilet I mediately worked. Hope it does with your chair!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Still smells good, followed up with a leather moisturizer buff after making sure no baking soda/resolve was left. Baking soda is abrasive if rubbed.

Kabuto still not happy with the smell but might be the resolve, it has a very light oxyclean scent to it.