Clawed and de-clawed cats in the home

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Let me tell you this - my Twitch has no front claws, no teeth, and is deaf as a stone. She rules the house with an iron (clawless) paw! She launches an attack - everyone else ducks. All my other cats are fully clawed. There haven't been any more injuries to Twitch because the other cats have claws - it all works out.

Nat I love this description of Twitch

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three cats, one of which came to me already front-declawed. She is a Persian so she has a typical docile, dippy personality so she is the lowest in the pecking order, but her being declawed has no impact on this whatsoever. The other two cats, a Siamese and an incredibly BAD DSH do not pick on her or anything like that, they actually live a very peaceful existence.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 10 cats, and only 1 of them is de-clawed. He is the low cat in the pecking order, but I suspect this is more because he's new, and doesn't have anything to do with his claw status. He's tough, though, and doesn't put up with any nonsense.

I think vets like to tell people they "need" to de-claw all cats in the house in order to make more money....de-claws are PURE PROFIT and you can't expect them not to jump on a golden opportunity like that.