Claro

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Anyone have experience with Claro? So my cat has been shaking his head for a long time, my regular vet said to keep a log to the amount of times he is head shaking, so I did and he suggested there may be something with his teeth. We brought him for a teeth cleaning, they also x-ray'd his ears and then cleaned a bunch of black gunk out of it. X-rays all came back good for ears and teeth.

He was then treated for possible ear mites and he suggested to come back for Claro which I did and its been 3 days and he is still shaking his head.

Vet said we should wait 7 total days before figuring out the next steps. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes for ear medication to work?

I am getting frustrated nothing is working but I think we are going down the right direction.

More of a frustrated post then anything.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. Claro, from what little I know, is prescribed for dogs, but like a lot of medications it probably is used 'off label' for cats. Ear mites can be hard to eradicate, and take numerous courses of treatment, so he may still have them, and I have no idea if Claro is effective for them.

Hoping that you will still hear from other members - soon - with better information to offer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He got other medication for the ear mites. The Dr. wanted to start him on Claro for the head shaking, ear scratching and inflammation.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've never heard of Claro. Perhaps you could ask your Vet how it's supposed to work and how long it should take :dunno: