Clamydophila

wingwalker

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My foster kitten, 7 weeks old, developed a really bad eye over easter. Today I went to the vet with her and he diagnosed Clamydophila, prescribed antibiotics and I went home.

There I read a bit online about Clamydophila and found out it is contagious. The vet didn´t even bother to tell me, although he knows I have other cats and foster.

I am very pissed to say the least. How can they be so greedy with information?

Anyway, I called in later and asked and the person on the phone had to check with him and put me on hold. When she came back she said: you don´t have to separate the kitten from the other cats, since they have been exposed already.

Now I wonder, does that mean, either the other cats got it already, and if not, they wont?

I separated the kitten and her brother from the adults, just to be safe. Didn´t want to put her in solitary confinement and her brother seems fine.

Any advice from the experts?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with you that your vet should've been up front with the fact that it's contagious.  Having said that, keep an eye on all the eyes in your household.  If you notice any others getting the same thing, then ask the vet for meds for all of them.