Claim Denied!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I used to work with a doctor of alternative medicine. He said different vitamins have different bioavailability. So where one brand is absorbed, another may not be. If he sticks with one brand of glucosamine for 4-6 weeks, and sees no improvement, you might want to try another brand.

Also, different arthritis is from different sources, so the glucosamine only helps with one kind. Personally, I had LOTS of aches and pains in my hips. Also in my hands when the weather was cold. Now, 10 years after taking a course of glucosamine for about 2 months, I have almost no pain. And I don't take the supplements anymore. Of course, he has a more severe case, but the idea is the same. If the glucosamine and other supplements help, the cartilage in his joints will heal and smooth, and the pain will be greatly lessened.

Good for you in getting the insurance to pay. DH's insurance denies everything, and needs the MD office to resubmit claims. That is part of why we switched to insurance through my company instead!
Becky, not to hijack the thread - but my Fish Oil/Glucosamine doesn't seem to be working as well as it did from November through January. What do you use? Thanks all, for your time.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
UGH!!! Insurance Companies......... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
Just those two words gets my blood boiling!!!!!!

They have Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much power in the U.S., today!