Chronic Sneezing

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid I only got the lysine yesterday so she's had 3 x 500mg doses. I'd love to say that she's a little better today, but I think it's too soon to be certain.

Thank you.
Hey

If lysine works for your cat, it usually takes longer, up to a month for results. I would Check dosaging with your vet....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

my Honeybee gets winter snots and we use little noses nose drops. I don't put her on her back because when you squeeze the bottle in her nostril it will shoot it up there. Honeybee HATES it but it really helps with the wheezing. We have forced hot air and the past few days it's been very cold..makes dry air and causes her to wheeze whistle throw her little nosey when she's sleeping. I only do one squirt in each nostril. put the cat on the back/arm of the couch facing away from you-that way they will try to rear wheel drive but they back up against your chest. thick sweatshirt for claws-I give her treats before and after. I know she hates it but it really helps.

I get my lysine on Amazon. NOW! brand is what I use. 1lb jar lasts me a year. I measure out 1/4 teaspoon-mix in hot water (dissolves better) then mix that into some wet food. some people add babyfood meat and syringe it or add right to some wet food. my girl won't touch catfood in a cat so we use a tablespoon of tuna and mash it up then add the shot glass full of hot water/lysine and mash that up and she licks the juice-while my other cat comes along and eats the meat she leaves behind.
Thank you for your advice; I'm hoping that it won't come to drops (it's hard enough giving her tablets), but if it does, then I'll remember what you've said :)

tarot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hey

If lysine works for your cat, it usually takes longer, up to a month for results. I would Check dosaging with your vet....
Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up although... it's probably a coincidence but while she's still sniffling, she has been a LOT more active today. She wasn't exactly lethargic before, but she's been running around the house with an energy I haven't seen in a long time.

It's probably just because we're in a warm spell after a few weeks of cold, but I live in hope.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up although... it's probably a coincidence but while she's still sniffling, she has been a LOT more active today. She wasn't exactly lethargic before, but she's been running around the house with an energy I haven't seen in a long time.

It's probably just because we're in a warm spell after a few weeks of cold, but I live in hope.
Hey i'll take good news over bad any day right ?:)

tarot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Absolutely; i'm not complaining by any means, I just don't want to hope that this is something that it's not :)

tarot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi.
I just wanted to give you guys an update.
Mellisani has been taking lysime for just over a month now and I have to say it seems to have helped a lot. She still wheezes and occasionally sneezes, but not to the extent that she was before.

The only problem has been she's worked out the other cats are NOT getting the food with the crunchy white powder in it so I have to watch and make sure she takes her full dose, instead of stealing food from the others.

I'm now waiting for the results of her blood test for FIP; the vet pointed out that testing for herpes would be pointless since she's been taking the herpes vaccination for years, she'll have the antibodies in her blood.

Thanks again :)