Christmas tree

menstormpumpkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK, now we've read that pine trees are dangerous for cats to chew on.  As soon as we brought our Douglas Fir in, they thought they had brought a feast.  Wife then read that it's toxic (mildly) to cats and that the needles can puncture intestines (I wonder if that isn't the sharper pines like Scotch pine, though).  Anyway, we read that using bitter apple spray will keep them away from it; tried that and it kept all the cats except Pumpkin from eating on it.  Also tried citronella spray, then our Tux, Mennie, decided she had to crawl underneath the tree in spite of that.

Ideas?

belle2006

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try SSScat. It's a aerosal air can witha  motion sensor that sprays an odorless harmless spray when activated.  It works wonders!  We have 2 under our tree right now and the cats have stayed far away.

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gosh! I didn't know about the toxins in the trees. Glad I never broke down and got them one to climb in. That is out now for sure. No Christmas trees for me. With eight cats, it would be a party with the orniments and do dah stuff.

Good luck to you, hope yours works out.