Christmas tree poll

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

No tree, this year, as I'm moving but, I have a 6-ft artificial one. Next year, in my own home - I'm decorating.
Aww bummer.. all your cute ornaments won't be up this year. Do we still have that thread available with our decorated trees from a couple years ago? Maybe I'll look for it, dust it off and bring it back to life.

I have a fake tree. I like real trees but they are messy and a fire hazzard. Last time I had a real tree I spent months picking pine needles from everywhere. And I was always the one who had to drag it home, in the house and fight with it to get it up. so I went artifical. This year I got a new one. It's still 7' but is one of those skinny trees. I don't have as much room in this condo so it was time. Last year the old one took up about 25% of my living room!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a fake tree because the one year I tried to have a real one, Katie insisted on eating it. She was obsessed! My fake tree, inherited from my grandma is 4" tall and looks close to real when decorated. Between that and a pine scented candle, I'm all set.

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have a nice big real tree(at Dan's parents house where we celebrate) - it kind of makes sense since they live in the middle of massive pine forest and they have them growing right outside the door

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fake tree for a couple of reasons. Growing up we always had a fake tree because real tress were too much work. The other reason, is Samwise will eat any living plant I have in the house. So fake tree it is.

Plus I'm always worried about bring plants in from outside, there could be bugs in them and that creeps me out.

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Eva-loves-cats

I don't do christmas...so no christmas tree for us.

We used to do christmas until we lost our daughter on christmas day 2003
Sorry to hear that. *hugs*

I have a 7 ft fake tree. I will not be using it due to 2 new kitty's this year. Instead I have decided to purchase a 4 1/2 pre-lit fake tree. It will be much easier to pick up and put in the garage or basement if the cats mess with it.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm Jewish, but I own a fake tree, and I would put it up, but I don't think with Simba around, it would last. So, I probably won't put it up.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have always had a real tree, it's a tradition for us. Sure, it's a pain getting in into, then out of, the house and then dealing with all the needles, too. But IMHO, they are worth it! Yah, they can be a little lop-sided and annoying to care for...but they give a much more warm feeling, and I love the woodsy, fresh smell of pine!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention, we have a small fake tree for all of our pets, about 3 1/2 feet tall. It's pre-lit, but (I forgot what it's called) with these little plastic bristle-things that glow and change colors. It's very pretty! Of course, we put ornaments and garland and 'icicles'...and, yah, pretty much everything that is on our real tree.
And 'Santa Paws' comes and puts presents under it for them on Christmas Eve for them.
We are obsessed, but is that such a bad thing??

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

We have always had a real tree, it's a tradition for us. Sure, it's a pain getting in into, then out of, the house and then dealing with all the needles, too. But IMHO, they are worth it! Yah, they can be a little lop-sided and annoying to care for...but they give a much more warm feeling, and I love the woodsy, fresh smell of pine!
I really love a real tree, too! But when we got a prelit fake tree, it made life SO MUCH EASIER! We started when the kids were born, because dh was afraid they might have allergies on their first Christmas. And we have gone back and forth-but are pretty much on fake for now

Eva-Loves-Cats, how tragic! Thank you for reminding me that not everyone is having a happy time over the holidays!

dazeemazeegraze

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a fake one.
And a 2 foot tall white ceramic tree with plastic blue birds, star on top that I got when my grandma moved to a nursing home.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have a real tree, if I could have one at all. But with 39 cats, it's just about impossible to have a tree!!! We are going to decorate one outside with lights and popcorn for the birds and squirrels. I miss having a tree, this will be our 6th year without one.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Christmas tree with bengals...................aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah......
whew...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ok, someone stop me.......hahahahahahahahaha....oh....hahahahahahahaa.

Seriously though...no we can't have a tree..unless it's a cat tree......

Bengal = No X-mas tree, unless you like broken ornaments on a daily basis, trees that remain horizontal more than vertical and trees that have less needles than the charlie brown christmas tree.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Artificial for us. I always collect some of the branches off trees at a tree farm and use them to make an arrangement. They give the house that wonderful Christmas smell!

ajd344

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Leah, used to climb our christmas tree back when she was a kitten! We have one of those fiber optic fake trees.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always have a real tree. Its a part of the xmas tradition in are family. Hubby myself and the now about grown up kids go to the local tree farm and get a fresh cut tree. Itcan take us a hour or more to pick the perfect tree

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gonna have to go treeless this year - too many small (and not-so-small) furry four-legged animals around to be safe! I do have a little tiny one that's going on top of the cable TV unit, though - it's wood, Mum gave it to me last Christmas and it's very sweet...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

A Christmas tree with bengals...................aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah......
whew...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ok, someone stop me.......hahahahahahahahaha....oh....hahahahahahahaa.

Yes - bit like that in our house, too...lol...