Christmas Shopping?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?

I started shopping for my mom but thats about it, I know some people who are finished already, JEEPERS!
I really wish I was finished!!

It seems like my Christmas list gets bigger and bigger every year too! Do you buy for a lot of people (friends/family) or just family?

I love Christmas, only 60some days left until Christmas!!
I can't believe next week is November already...yikes!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Mackenzie, I cannot believe you cussed and said the Ch******* word!!
Awww...I am sorry, but the time is drawing very very near!!

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We can't afford Christmas presents (again) this year. I can't wait until we can pay off our wedding and Marshy's cancer treatment.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m just starting my first project for Christmas. A Flip Flop quilt for my grandaughter.
Have done a bit of shopping too....getting anxious for the first of Nov. so I can put up the tree and decorations!
Linda
PS...I know i know...Thanksgiving is`nt even here yet.....well...on Thanksgiving i`m always thankful that my Christmas decorations are already up!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Don't get mad , but I am 1/2 to 3/4 done....
Lucky you, being done so soon!!

I love to shop the Thanksgiving sales, thats when I usually get most of my shopping done!

I can't imagine waiting til December to start shopping, I always get so worried that I wont get everything done in time!!

But, I love to start now while I have the money and so I'm not so strapped for cash right at Christmas, I'd so much rather start early and buy gifts here and there rather than all at once, that way the blow isnt so big to my checkbook or credit card, haha!

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you had to remind me!!!!!!! Christmas is gonna be small this year because we just bought a new house and are moving this friday...but no i havent started shopping....i really hate the crowds...i get in a bad mood just thinking about it!!

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Three years ago I moved over 3000 miles away from my family and friends. Suddenly I found myself free from the responsibilities of buying gifts for multiple people, since I didn't know anybody at my new location.

Now I will usually send small packages to my family, but my long-distance friends all get Xmas cards. For the most part my friends here in my new location I feel I haven't become close enough to to justify buying them gifts, and for the few close friends I feel I have here, we prefer to go out for a holiday dinner and hang out and have fun. My only big gift purchase these days--the worry of getting something for my boyfriend.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

you had to remind me!!!!!!! Christmas is gonna be small this year because we just bought a new house and are moving this friday...but no i havent started shopping....i really hate the crowds...i get in a bad mood just thinking about it!!
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you in a bad mood!!

mrsfishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am mostly done.
I HATE going to stores and battling the crowds after Thanksgiving so I get mine done quite early.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MrsFishy

I am mostly done.
I HATE going to stores and battling the crowds after Thanksgiving so I get mine done quite early.
Thumbs up to you for being mostly done!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does Secret Santa count? If so, then yes I have started. If not, then no.

We actually really start the day after Thanksgiving, including going to the early morning sales. We pour over the ads on Thanksgiving to find the place that has the most stuff that we want.
We may do a little before that, especially for family members, but for each other we definitely don't start until then.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I start my shopping when the stuff goes on sale in January. I only buy at the sales. I leave out Christmas wrap. When I bring home the packages, I keep a list of the gift and who it is for in a notebook. Then I wrap it and put them on a shelf in the spare closet. In October or November I get out my list and see who I haven't purchased a gift for. So I am mostly finished and wrapped. All I do is add the ribbons to the packages once the tree goes up. I hate shopping in December. I like to be finished with it so I can decorate and cook.

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm actually started my Christmas shopping...first time for everything
While I'll probably have our family's gifts done early this year, my bf and I usually wait till December to buy each others...I don't know why we do this...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

I start my shopping when the stuff goes on sale in January. I only buy at the sales. I leave out Christmas wrap. When I bring home the packages, I keep a list of the gift and who it is for in a notebook. Then I wrap it and put them on a shelf in the spare closet. In October or November I get out my list and see who I haven't purchased a gift for. So I am mostly finished and wrapped. All I do is add the ribbons to the packages once the tree goes up. I hate shopping in December. I like to be finished with it so I can decorate and cook.
Wow, you're really on the ball aren't you? I really wish I had as much motivation to do that!! Great thinking!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ive just bought my self my xmas pressie, and my mother one off ebay, still have not found what i wanted for my ss (it is so hard to please)
and i will buy a pressie for my dad later.. its usually a pair of socks

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MrsFishy

I am mostly done.
Same here! I usually try to get everything done before Thanksgiving. But this year, I'm on a tight budget, so I haven't gone xmas shopping yet.

pink kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love christmas

Im going to save my wages and buy all my pressies for my family and friends about a week before christmas.