Christmas Presents for Kids

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about remote control cars for them? I used to LOVE them when I was little!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Have you thought about remote control cars for them? I used to LOVE them when I was little!!
Annabelle really seemed interested in them while we were flipping through the Wishbook and I think they make simpler versions for the younger kids, so I'll definitely have to check those out!

Originally Posted by katl8e

My granddaughters are 3 1/2 and they love books. I bought some animal books, on sale at KMart, last week. Since they are twins, I usually buy something, for them to share as well as individual presents. So far, I have gotten them a "Dora the Explorer" checkers set and am eyeballing the "Dora" Chutes & Ladders game.
We just got them the Dora Chutes and Ladders and, although Annabelle can count, she has problems with counting out in the right direction. She basically sits there and watches and moves her marker to the space I point too.

Originally Posted by katl8e

They are each getting toy guitars, this year. These will complement the electronic drum machine and piano, from past years. (Its OK - my son plays in a band). Baby Einstain DVDs are popular, with the girls, too and they like cars and trucks.
That sounds just like my house. My DH has played guitars for years, in bands on and off. A few months ago, much to my chagrin, he bought them a $99 twelve piece percussion set.
They have their own bongos and mini piano too. They make some really nice play guitars, some that even have to be strung. They've outgrown their Wiggles guitar, so a more mature one is a very good idea!

You all have such good ideas, I knew I would get good advice here!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

Annabelle got the Baby Annabell doll for her first Chirstmas (she was 4 months old) and she's just now started playing with her. Papa couldn't resist a doll with virtually the same name.

She has Barbies at my MIL's (in case you can't tell from the earlier post, Granny spoils them quite a bit
), but I'm afraid to get some for here, because Madeleine still puts things in her mouth (goodbye Barbie shoes!
)
Here was my trick: when you open the barbies, you take all of the small pieces. Period. I let Jazzy have the doll & the clothes but not the tiny stuff. That all went into a giant ziplock, and she is now allowed to play with it, but we still keep it seperate, so when her cousins come over, she knows they are not allowed to play with choking hazards!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also wanted to add about the SpongeBob aquarium, it was a big hit at her birthday party. I wrapped the tank, and called my sis the day before having her set a bucket of water out for room temp, the betta came in a little cup with a lid, and an x cut in the lid for air, I put a big maribou pink fuzz ball on top (not too securely so air could still get in). My niece took everyone over to see her new fish Nemo, not that it was orange at all!!!
Oh, and the tanks are about $30 everywhere. The fish is a couple of bucks, and I made sure to get my sis the food & a scooping net just to make it easier on her. It also has it's own removable stickers that you decorate the background with a treasure chest, and crabs, and a submarine etc. My niece specifically asked for a SpongeBob fish tank aquarium with a real live fish in it, so who was I to say no! She was only 3 and that was a real mouthful!!!