Votes: 11 34.4%
  • other - please explain

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think coloured looks more festive.  You frequently see all white mini lights in trees, bushes, shrubs all year round at some places. I guess they think it gives extra ambiance to their business.  Wheras coloured lights are usually only seen around Christmas, so they are more special IMHO.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue all the way. I like multi colors.

It depends on the thing.

My tree is silver this year with white lights and pink and turquoise balls and a turquoise star

Parents tree is green of course, but white lights, silver balls and red balls very nice

As far as outside decorations, I prefer multi colored....

But my all time favorite Christmas light color is blue. This one year, and i haven't found it since- walmart had a purplish turquoise color. it was wonderful

Alcoves in the house- Silver tinsel garland, multi color lights & white glitter snowflakes

The entrance to my kitchen: (And honestly if I had enough of the blue I would have done it all in blue......

View of tree with more lights

brightlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like a colorful tree at my house. 
  Our beautiful tree has multi-colored LED lights.  I have red, green and silver ornaments in various shapes & sizes from an ornament set, and some single keepsake ornaments and others I bought here and there.  It makes me happy to see a beautiful, colorful Christmas tree in the dark days of winter.

That said, my mother in law also has a beautiful tree and decorates hers every year with clear lights and red/gold ornaments.  Hers is a very classy tree and I appreciate its beauty, but for my home muli lights feel more like "me."  If I lived in a house with separate living and family rooms or a formal dining room I might do a color theme tree with clear lights in the "company" room and then the colorful tree in the family area.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I dont think white lights are stuffy at all.....our home is not perfect and neither is our tree. In fact, the living room is littered with dog toys and neither the cats nor dogs will leave the tree skirt under the tree.....for some reason they all think it's a blanket for them.

Last edited: