Christmas Dinner Menu

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So as I was getting ready  to go grocery shopping I asked DD this question:

"If you were going to be executed on Monday and the dinner Sunday on would be your very last meal, what would you ask for?"

Her reply?

"A cheeseburger"

Me: OK is there anything special about this cheeseburger?

Her: "No- but I'd want bacon on it"

Me: What would you want with it?

Her: "Tater tots".

So that's it folks. Her Christmas dinner will be a bacon cheeseburger and tater tots. The kids are having a roasted bone in skin on chicken breast that I will shred and use as a topper for their supper. I got myself a gorgeous bone in rib eye that will be grilled rare with a sprinkling of coarse sea salt. The kids will help me eat it, I'm sure. Sophie adores steak. She does not beg for food- except when there is a steak on my plate- then she is shameless.

DD is so picky. I have been asking her for weeks what she wants for Christmas dinner and her answer up until yesterday when I asked it that way was, "I don't care".

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You do what they want. Even if it is a cheeseburger.

The first time our son brought his GF (now his wife) home for dinner, he requested beef pot pie. I asked him if he was really serious as I thought it was a weird choice. He was. So that's what our dinner was. With my bread pudding for dessert. It turns out she had never eaten either of them. She thought they were both wonderful! I still think it was an unusual choice, but it's what he chose. And so that's what I did.

Your Sophie reminds me of Banshee in a lot of ways. Banshee never really begged for anything. Until I'd put a turkey or chicken in the oven. Once the smell started going through the house, she'd parked her butt right in front of the oven door and wait. That girl would sit there for an hour or more, just waiting. She knew what it was and she knew it was hers! And she had no shame about sitting on the kitchen table and moaning in "hunger" for chicken.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You do what they want. Even if it is a cheeseburger.

The first time our son brought his GF (now his wife) home for dinner, he requested beef pot pie. I asked him if he was really serious as I thought it was a weird choice. He was. So that's what our dinner was. With my bread pudding for dessert. It turns out she had never eaten either of them. She thought they were both wonderful! I still think it was an unusual choice, but it's what he chose. And so that's what I did.

Your Sophie reminds me of Banshee in a lot of ways. Banshee never really begged for anything. Until I'd put a turkey or chicken in the oven. Once the smell started going through the house, she'd parked her butt right in front of the oven door and wait. That girl would sit there for an hour or more, just waiting. She knew what it was and she knew it was hers! And she had no shame about sitting on the kitchen table and moaning in "hunger" for chicken.
A friend of mine had a cat that would do the same thing.   She would sit in front of the oven and wait for the turkey.  My  two always act like they want what I am having but then they usually aren't interested when I give them a little, except turkey, they will eat a bit of turkey.  I think with everything else it is just them making sure that I will give them a little of what I am having.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

A friend of mine had a cat that would do the same thing.   She would sit in front of the oven and wait for the turkey.  My  two always act like they want what I am having but then they usually aren't interested when I give them a little, except turkey, they will eat a bit of turkey.  I think with everything else it is just them making sure that I will give them a little of what I am having.
I think it's a feline power trip!
 They may not really want it; they just want to make sure you give it to them (if that makes any sense).

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I think it's a feline power trip!
 They may not really want it; they just want to make sure you give it to them (if that makes any sense).
Yep!  
  Rico will be completely underfoot the entire time we're cooking, and you'd think he hadn't eaten in days the way he carries on, meowing with that pitiful look on his face.  But then we'll put down a little bite of whatever it is we're cooking and more often than not, he'll just walk away from it--unless it's chicken, he likes that.  Crazy cat.