Christmas Decorating

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any suggestions?

We've acquired a lot of "stuff" in the last year, we don't really have room in our apartment for our Christmas tree this year, unless we do a major cleaning and getting rid of stuff spree. To be honest, I don't see us having the time for that until after Christmas. We're both getting swapped with our "real" jobs and with our freelance stuff, so even when we are home, most of our time is still doing work for our clients. We're having a hard enough time keep up with our housework and making sure the dogs get walked and that everyone gets played with. We also have two pets that we didn't have last Christmas (new dog and Leiki), so I'd prefer not to put our tree up this year anyways. 

We do have some fake swags of evergreen that I was thinking about putting along our TV stand (it's about doorknob height and about 4-5 feet long) and decorating it with some balls and lights. We're also going to put a wreath up on the door. That's all I can think of to do, lol. I'm seriously at a loss for ideas! Christmas it the only holiday we decorate for and this is making me sad :(

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to do a large move and lost all of collected Xmas stuff. A good way to star is a wreath. Or a small 3 foot tree.  And then bit by bit add on. Any any thing that is enjoyful to your eye.

melorix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know about you, but I love love love having lights strung up in my room.  Guess it's a throwback from my dorm days at college.  I keep them up all year long.  I don't know, it's just a really cozy feeling for me to shut off the lights except for the strands and then just lay in bed listening to Christmas music, staring at all of the colors.  Only this year, I'll have my cats, too.  :)

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started off in my cramped dorm room with a little 4' tree, and have added to that over the years.  Most years that little tree lives on top of the entertainment center. 

Lights around windows is always nice, as is wrapping doors in paper and adding a big bow. 

I was able to get pre-lit pine swags that I put up around my doors and windows which is also very nice. 

Window clings are another great option that is ceap and takes up no space at all!  They have some really nice ones these days!  "

You could also hang unbreakable balls from fishing line from your curtain rods for a pretty window decoration/cat toy all in one! lol....okay you should probally hang those higher than the cats can easily swat from the floor, but it would look really pretty!

Hum.... thats all I've got for low space decorations for now... I'll post more if I think of any, I can't WAIT to put up my decorations!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love lights, too, so like sillyitaliangrl, I would suggest stringing lights around your windows, but also along the tops of your kitchen cabinets, wrapped in with some evergreen garlands.

I'd be heartbroken if we didn't decorate for Christmas.