Purraise
I received Winchester's today as well :clap:

All of them are next to my sadly decorated tree :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great idea, I think I will participate next year! :)
Yay!!!  It's fun!

Years ago I used to send out Christmas cards to all of my friends and family, and I used to get back a number in return.  Eventually it dwindled and I found myself sending cards and only getting 1 or 2 back.  I love opening the mailbox to find nice things instead of flyers or bills. Sending snail mail cards was one of the best parts of Christmas for me.  When people stopped sending, it kind of bummed me out.  Email cards or greetings just aren't the same.

The first year it was done here, it was someone else who initiated it. I leaped at the opportunity to send cards.  This year when I didn't see anyone start it, I decided to.

I haven't checked my mailbox since last week, so I don't know what cards I've received, but I'm checking tomorrow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We used to send out (and receive) a lot of greeting cards, but a lot of people don't bother anymore. (It took me awhile this year because the RugCats really wanted to include their card with ours and Mollipop insisted on su-purr-vising me at the computer!)

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My church usually exchanges cards , (we have a mailbox at the back divided by letter)

I do the card Exchange on here

And  guys here is the Facebook group hubby and I belong to:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Global-Christmas-Card-Exchange/155340631178105?ref=ts&fref=ts

You submit your name and address, and people send you cards- you get a list to send cards to. This year so far we have received a card from Germany, Jerusalem, Australia, Scotland, and Wales!!! 

It is LOTS of fun, and the 8th of this year was when I got my first Christmas card, every single day since then I have gotten 1-2, and Monday I got 5 in one day!! I love opening cards , there are always suprises and this year I have gotten some beautiful cards!! We started doing these various exchanges last year, and at the end of the season we labeled the back of the cards with the year- will be cool to look back in like 10 years and see what we got!

Winchester: I know the cats had to have their own card too- I laughed so hard when I saw it- very adorable!!!

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll dig out my camera and take a picture of the cards I received and post it this weekend.  They're all so beautiful!!  One wee little one arrived in a plastic bag with a "we're sorry" from the post office. It was a bit mangled.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got everyones I think some arrived between christmas and new year which was good meant I got nice post not just bills haha!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Linda that sucks! Was it the one I sent? O sent small cat ones out to you all
Yes, the card was just a bit bent  but the envelope was toast!  lol  I smoothed it out and it looked just fine after that. Such a cute card!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for participating! I thought it was fun and I loved getting such beautiful cards! 
 Thanks so much!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats a shame Linda but at least the card itself got there :lol3:

It was really nice getting all the cards I thank you all and thank you to the kitties that send cards to haha