Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Everyone...

The Lord is so powerful...I don't know why and I shouldn't have even felt that this thread was not going to receive so much attention...but, He's so funny...He makes me realize how powerful His Word is and how human and doubtful I am. I thank Him for revealing that without too much embarrassment...but I know that he has forgiven me because I've shared Him with others, and His blessings are with me throughout the day. I'm so happy to see all of you enjoying "The Christian Alphabet" as much as I did...
:angel2:

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catarina; The Apostle Paul said that we are never closer to God than when we are angry with him; and right now I am very angry, because I feel like a lot of things are happening to me that I don't think I deserve.

Then something as simple as your posting The Christian Alphabet; and the positive responses it received, made me ashamed that I don't do more to proclaim my faith.

I am sorry for the times I have let Him down and maybe the events of the past week will humble me.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Darlene,

Oh boy, I have first hand experience being angry with God...sometimes, I don't understand how he just puts up with me! :badgood: :goodbad: He knows we all fall short of Him; we're not perfect and at times we try to take control of everything and mess it up! He's there for us to give all of our problems too. Imagine that...he wants my problems...lol...I don't know anyone that else that wants 'em.

For me, humility is the best way to keep my eye on my soul. When I'm humble I give and I can't believe I receive so much back.

Darlene, you didn't let the Lord down...you think that...whavever you did...just let it go and start fresh...everday. I know I feel the same way at times, but I need people like you that would say this very same thing to me. He knows your heart is good. frustrations are so normal because we all stop and look into the other direction instead of following him. The "I can do it myself" mode... :laughing: ...wrong! For now, perhaps reflect upon what is so good in your life...and thank Him for that..Every situation I've ever been in, has turned itself around somehow for the best.

Love &

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Darlene,

Oh boy, I have first hand experience being angry with God...sometimes, I don't understand how he just puts up with me! :goodbad: He knows we all fall short of Him; we're not perfect and at times we try to take control of everything and mess it up! He's there for us to give all of our problems too. Imagine that...he wants my problems...lol...I don't know anyone that else that wants 'em.

For me, humility is the best way to keep my eye on my soul. When I'm humble I give and I can't believe I receive so much back.

Darlene, you didn't let the Lord down...you think that...whatever you did...just let it go and start fresh...everyday. I know I feel the same way at times, but I need people like you that would say this very same thing to me. He knows your heart is good. frustrations are so normal because we all stop and look into the other direction instead of following him. The "I can do it myself" mode... :laughing: ...wrong! For now, perhaps reflect upon what is so good in your life...and thank Him for that..Every situation I've ever been in, has turned itself around somehow for the best.

Love &

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat, Darlene, Hissy....

I am so glad that others feel the same way I do! It really makes me realize that I am not alone.
Like the bible says....all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
But the wonderful thing is that no matter how many times we mess up, and for me it is daily, I think....he is there with his arms open, ready to forgive us. How beautiful is that?!!!

I said something to my brother recently (who is a Christain also) and his reply just really made me stop and think, and I thought it was so cool that I want to share it with you...

A few months after dad died, my brother was telling me that as executor of his will, that I would be getting some land and some money. I said to him, "But I didn't do anything to deserve it!!! Dad worked hard all his life to have what he had, and I have done nothing for it, except that I am his daughter!!" ( I felt guilty... undeserving)
My brother said to me, " But Debby...it's just like with God...we havent done anything to deserve what he has in store for us in heaven, but we will have it, because he is our father and he loves us and wants us to have it."
I thought that was so beautiful it made me cry.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dearest Little Sister,:angel2:

You just made me cry...what a wonderful brother you have! Yes, and it's very true that the Lord wants us to have our inheritance He has promised with Him too!

Love you and God Bless You Always,

Catarina

kai's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not Christian, but I thought your alphabet post was lovely. And it certainly did not offend me. There is so little religious tolerence in the world, no one should have to feel like they have to hide from or apologize for there spiritual beliefs no matter what they may be.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Catarina77777
I just thougtht this be nice if people were Christian ...I hope not to offend anyone; but it'd be fair to say that I will not defend my belief in my Saviour Jesus Christ
heart2::heart3
:

Dear Kai's Mum
Exactly my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.