Chrissyf1

chrissyf123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am interested in purchasing two Bengal kittens they don't have papers so I was hoping someone would be able to give me advice as to ensuring that they are Bengals I have pics but do not know how to post them

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without papers there is no way to know for sure :(. What you see is what you get. So don't pay purebred prices. Only pay as much as you'd be willing to pay for well-cared-for moggie kittens (if they have been well cared for!).

I don't see anything obviously Bengal about them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyf123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure how to use this site so please forgive me for the numerous posts of pics. I am unsure how to post them all together. The mother cat is on premises however the father is not. She is asking only 200 however I don't want to end up with a regular house cat. I have been wanting a bengL for some time now, the kittens are just so hard to tell the difference

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't consider them bengals unless they have papers, AS @Willowy  said.  You may also want to reconsider supporting someone who is possibly a backyard breeder.  If you want a purebred cat, it is worth it to pay the purebred prices.  Another option is to adopt from a bengal rescue!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure how to use this site so please forgive me for the numerous posts of pics. I am unsure how to post them all together. The mother cat is on premises however the father is not. She is asking only 200 however I don't want to end up with a regular house cat. I have been wanting a bengL for some time now, the kittens are just so hard to tell the difference
I agree with the others.

Re the pics:  the pics of the kittens dont show much: many tabbies do sport spots on the tummy, so pics of the tummy dont prove much.  Its good pics of the sides (and perhaps also from above) which are important - which is why the breeder send you the pics of the adults.

Of course a good pic of face and head is nice, but it doesnt show the tabby pattern.   Bengals with their refined pattern are essentially tabbies..

Ok, the golden one, I presume its the father, yes, it should be a purebred bengal.  Without papers nothing is sure, but normally I would make a heave bet on him as purebred bengal.

The grey one, the momma?  She has suely a bengal in her, look at her backside, but Im not sure she is purebred.  I would guess on a natural dau, or perhaps even a nice granddau.   You CAN see the undeniable ancestry, but the refined marbles has already detoriated.

Alternatively, she is of a verry pet quality,

That is what I think.

200 dollars for two look alike kittens isnt that bloody, its no real scam, I mean.  If they are healthy, well cared for etc, its really a correct price for two nice moggies.

If its 200 apiece its somewhat pricey, but still may be agreeable.

Cats should be more payed for than  they are.

But if you want real bengals, this is not the way to go.   Sorry.

If money are a issue for you

Try with a Bengal rescue,  an adult bengal whom needs new home (these are usually less costly), or contact a breeder and ask if they have some retired queen or something such...