Chocolate wine!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were at our neighbors house this afternoon and she had been telling us about some chocolate wine she had. Never heard of this, but she gave us some and it was just delicious. It tasted like Bailey's Irish Creme to me. Have you ever heard of this or tasted it? We're going to go out and get some. Now we're definitely not drinkers at all, we really did enjoy this.

bonobosoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've drunk chocolate wine before, it is very yummy! But extremely rich tasting so I can only have a small amount.

sammythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, i've never heard of it, i wonder how fattening it is compared with real chocolate, i might just have found my new alternative work snack!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of it either. I love wine,wine coolers,screwdrivers, and Miller beer in the bottle but thats all.I drink.

dejolane

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are several varieties out now....they are usually red wine with chocolate.  A little sweet for me.....but I knew a lady who swore a glass a day kept her arthritis pain away.  And hey....both red wine and dark chocolate are supposed to be good for your heart!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an indulgent chocoholic, giving me chocolate wine would surely make me an alcoholic!  That's something I'd definitely need to stay away from!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of it either. I love wine,wine coolers,screwdrivers, and Miller beer in the bottle but thats all.I drink.

dejolane
I rarely drink.  But on occasion when out for dinner I'll have a vodka martini, a small glass of red wine, or a light beer.  At my brother's house it is usually Jack Daniels strait up shooters!  lol

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive had it its far to sweet for me, im a dry wine drinker lol Ill stick to drinking wine and eatting chocolate haha :D

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Wow.   I have had some wine  that had a hint of chocolate among all the flavors.  but it was just a nuance that developed naturally  in the course of the aging of the wine itself. not actually with chocolate flavoring added.    I love good wine and I love good chocolate but I think i would rather enjoy them separately,     But to each his/her own,  that's why there are so many choices. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an indulgent chocoholic, giving me chocolate wine would surely make me an alcoholic!  That's something I'd definitely need to stay away from!

I'm with ya on that one Natalie!!!  I love chocolate tooo much! That might be dangerous for me too. LOL!!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a bottle of chocolate wine that some friends gave us almost 2 years ago...
 we haven't had the courage to open it up yet. It's called Chocolate Bar, bottled by San Antonio Winery, and the label says to pair it with nuts. I think maybe we should open it when we have a bunch of people over, so we don't just have 1 sip and have the rest of the bottle left over.. LOL

BF and I are definitely better beer drinkers (got an IPA and a porter on tap in the garage and a linen closet, aka the cellar, full of bottles!), but I do like dry reds on occasion and I like to mix cheap dry white wine with lime- or berry-flavored seltzer water to make my own spritzers.