Chocolate Lovers!

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
i have never been a real chocolate person, but recently we were out of syrup and i wanted a waffle. I saw this mason jar with chocolate chips, and thought "why not?". Being being OCD, i had to put a chocolate chip in each little square.
Now it is my favorite snack/meal substitute. Yay chocolate!!
And as for kind, they are dark and semi sweet.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Nope and they don't have it in Canada either **sulks** depsite numerous letters and emails begging them to sell it here
I get my mum to send me some or there is an English shop nearby but they are usually close to the best before date and not as good from there.

Dove is close to galaxy though, it just doesn't have that just perfect creamyness.

My latest care package included Galaxy, Buttons, PG Tips (they are not the same here and don't come in pyramid bags) and Options Hot Chocolate - it cost her more in postage than the actual stuff - she was not impressed!
I was going to say that there are a few British shops in my area where I get my fix of Galaxy bars. They were an every day essential when I was living in Britain.
My sis just sent me a care package from NZ. Bags of Jaffas, pineapple lumps and Snifters. Yay! Won't last long.
Apparently my nephews were quite distraught that mummy sent away all the lollies!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured out last night for sure, I can't eat chocolate with the best of them anymore! Mark gave us all a piece and he and Kayla wolfed theirs down but mine was so sweet, it almost hurt my teeth to chew it! I find that I have to have something in it to balance with the sweetness, like nuts, or else I have to eat like dark chocolate, which doesn't seem as sweet. Like Cadbury Eggs at Easter? Not a chance! Those suckers are TOO SWEET!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, I hear ya. I find that I don't like sugary sweet stuff anymore. I prefer the dark chocolate, stuff that is more rich than sweet. Mmmm, or white chocolate truffles from Lindt.
I prefer real chocolate to candy, and definitely not the cheap ornament chocolate stuff!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I was going to say that there are a few British shops in my area where I get my fix of Galaxy bars. They were an every day essential when I was living in Britain.
My sis just sent me a care package from NZ. Bags of Jaffas, pineapple lumps and Snifters. Yay! Won't last long.
Apparently my nephews were quite distraught that mummy sent away all the lollies!
Three of my most detested foods - Jaffas, Pineapple Lumps and Snifters!

Ew!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Quality Candy!!! I think it is only in Wisconsin though.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Three of my most detested foods - Jaffas, Pineapple Lumps and Snifters!

Ew!
I'm too stunned to believe that! Shame on you! Feel free to send any you get my way then!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't stand snifters either, I don't like that bit in the middle, what I do is I eat the chocolate part and spit out the middle part.

But I do love jaffas and pineapple lumps!

I sure hope my SS is not diabetic, I got them a whole lot of chocolate.

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love See's candies - the nut & chew variety boxes!

And Hershey's bar with almonds!