Chlorambucil for IBD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purcy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi Purcy.

Sorry for the late reply.Yes you are dealing with novel proteins so gets a little trickier.have you heard of bonito flakes?They are found at an asian grocery store.Fish flakes mostly used to entice kitties to eat.What happens if you provide your baby more food at a time?Does he/she just walk away when full or??Is this canned form you are feeding? Do they make a dry of the same brand etc only in dry possibly? I understand about novel proteins as i read about them all the time on the IBD group.Just wondered how your feeding schedule worked in a day.Do you feed your babe like 3 x a day or?? Do you go out to work possibly then come home & feed more or what is the actual feeding schedule you have going right now?How about turkey is that an allergen too?Wellness core Grain Free turkey is 230 I think calories per can.But you wanna make sure no allergies to that either.Probably as i was told Duck by my Internist as a no go it's too close tot he poultry family she said.Even pheasant is too.:(You don't need to go backwards.You are doing so well!! Do you leave anything overnight for babe? Do they make dehydrated rabbit chunks like they do with chicken & turkey?That may be a possibility to check out.Here are a couple of blogs of members using rabbit.You may be already using one of these already, but thought I'd throw them out there for you in case.HTH C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She eats a combo of Nature's Variety Rabbit (canned and LID kibble), and Royal Canin Prescription Rabbit (canned)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rockstar Rabbit is made by Instinct.  Petco carries it if you have a local store, otherwise most online pet food stores carry it by the case.  Rockstar Rabbit is flaked, and Ritzy Rabbit is minced.  I think they are basically the same recipe, just a little different texture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purcy I did google rabbit treats for cats.There are a lot of different ones.You can google & see if anything catches your eye.You wouldn't want to go crazy obviously but???
thank you for your reply. Yes, I feed him the Ritzy Rabbit, regular Instinct Rabbit, Duck and Salmon and am getting in some Daredevil Duck by Pride (which is made by Nature's Variety) I work 8-10 hours a day and am the only person who lives here, so I do feed him 3/4 can in the am and when I get home another 3/4 of a can. He does eat all through the night as well. He most times will leave maybe a tablespoon amount or so on the plate, but some days the plate is licked clean. Dry is highly not recommended for kitties with IBD, too irritating. I did feed him Instinct grain free dry up until a year ago when he just refused it. Perhaps it was already too irritating. So far he loves all of the Nature's Variety Instinct and Pride flavors, so I am sticking with that brand, it is a very clean nutritious food. I buy it by the case at chewy.com

Last edited: