Chirping?

rileyslife

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is it? Why do they do it?

My 16 week old kitten does it a lot. If she's excited, or bored or for what may seem for no reason at all.
So the question is, do they all do it? What is chirping exactly and why so they do it?

shellyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, no clue why they do it. One of my cats does it too. I think it's super cute! I am interested to see if anyone knows why they do it...

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat does this too, but not everyday. She does it when she gets frustrated while watching the birds and squirrels outside, that she knows she can't get!

I assumed it was from frustration :p

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My John Jacob does that when he's at the window bird watching and when he plays with Da Bird toy. It's so cute, I had never seen any cat do that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rileyslife

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link. Bella does it all the time, if she's entering a room and no ones noticed lol, if she's excited or frustrated

siamese mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our rescue tabby chirps when he talks.  I love it, because I can tell it's him talking without having to look!  Isn't it funny how cats all have different voices?!

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat chirps all the time rather than meows. It is how she says "Whats up mommy!" She "chatters" at the birds outside and chirps for me they are very different sounds with different meaning.

I love her chirps. I believe she is a Maine Coon mix and they apparently like to chirp so there you go.   There are some websites that explain the sounds that are pretty cool. 

rileyslife

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's the coolest sound. Now that I've gotten to know her, she does it a lot. She's similar to a Maine Coon, she's a Siberian Forest Cat. I wonder if they all do it?

rileyslife

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat does that too! ALOT! Lol