Chiropractors??

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Thanks Wyan.... maybe you could fix my back????
LOL! Well scince Wyan is comming to fix your back...then he can fix mine too. We live close. It could be arranged. lol. For real ya know?

Where are all the hot massagers when you need them? I'd love a great one right now.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo!
It's a double date!
(I won't be using the hammer though.
)

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been to several - all for my neck. One didn't help at all; 2 helped alot, BUT now that I have some bone loss (and eating calcium to help with that), I am concerned that I could be injured during an adjustment. I was in a lot of pain and was almost in tears knowing that I had to sit at my desk at work. I don't know if any other method could have relieved my pain. If it reoccurs, I don't know what I'll do. Right now one side "cracks" constantly, so I know that something isn't right.

My Mother had a bone chip in her back, very likely during an adjustment.

Have any of you had success relieving neck pain by other methods?

beatrix426

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Personally I think they are great. When I was little I used to let my sister and cousins jump all over me and I think eventually it caused my back pain that I experianced in high school not to mention carrying all those books don't help either. My back was so bad that it hurt when I would run and finally one morning I could barely get out of bed. I went to the doctors where I had to get a blood test and an ultra sound. They weren't doing anything to help cause they didn't know what was wrong.

My mom heard about this chiro so she took me there and after a few weeks or so my back was feeling so much better! I have gone to one ever since. Not to mention now my mom currently works in a chiro office. I think a lot of people may not think it's working because you don't necessarily get results after your first visit ya know. You can't just go 1 or 2 times and say "okey i'm done now lol" You should also be sure to check your doctor out because I'm sure that there are some bad chiro's out there just like there's some not so great doctors. So do some research and find out what kind of schooling your chiro has had. Also massage therapy is great but doesn't necc fix the problem. Massage therapy AND adjustments would be awesome if we could afford to do both lol.

Oh and the best thing you can do is talk to your chiro. If something he is doing is not working then maybe he can use other methods. One way wasn't working for me so I told him about it and we tried something else which worked out a lot better. If your uncomfortable with them adjusting your neck like some of them do with their hands ask if they can use a diff method like the table. Communication with your chiro is key just like any other doctor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Have any of you had success relieving neck pain by other methods?
Even before my accident, I have had ultrasound, e-stim, massage, special theraputic exercises, and loads of Ibuprofin and even muscle relaxers and Vicadin or Darvoset. I don't take those two anymore though, I don't like the effect. None of those things have worked.