Children’s Valentine’s Day Etiquette for School???

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

According to the BF the parents had to fill out forms for the teachers at the beginning of the school year so the teachers are aware of the allergies in the class. You canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t send anything in for the class that isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t in sealed original packaging with the ingredients listed. We arenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t allowed to send in anything that is home made because there is no way for them to know the ingredients. Usually treats for class parties are provided by the same ‘room momâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] who collects money from all the parents instead of by different parents every time, because it would be impossible to educate every parent for the class on what each child needs.

The allergy thing is apparently the reason they had to bring everything in today instead of tomorrow, they have to bring things in a day early for every event according to my BF. The teacher and her aide I would assume have to look at the ingredients of everything and mark down what kids canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have what items. It all sounds like an awful lot of work, it would be easier to say not to send things to class!
My daughter is in kindergarten. we were sent a letter saying . If you plan to send Valentines, there must be one for everyone.So that no one will be left out. We are having a party ,please feel free to send home baking. vegetables, candy. No strawberries due to allergies.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just had to share, I don't have children but my coworker was having some trouble finding something fun for the kids in her daughters preschool class.
When we were in Walmart we found individual playdoh containers with stickers for the kids name and who it was from.

Just for the future.