Childish fears?

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

I have a weird fear- I had the feeling of biting a towel with my teeth. Just thinking about it gives me the willies.

One of my friends is afraid of bread- swear to god. She gets mad if you make her walk down that aisle of the supermarket. She is also afraid of spiders and put a big dent in my arm when one dived in front of us unexpectidly.
i can't stand the thought of biting a towel with my teeth, it makes me feel aweful

i also can't stand having dry dirt between my toes and have to wash it off as soon as possible

i'm also still afraid of the dark and never sleep without some form of light and i still sometimes sleep with my teddy bear i was given when i was born, and i'm 25, the teddy bear has this smell that comforts me for some reason, i still haven't figured it out but it works for me so that's all that matters

felicia

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am scared of heights, most bugs (especially creepy crawlly ones...
) and if I'm sleeping home alone I will check to door a dozen times before bed and sometimes I will turn on a night light...depending on my mood.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

Anybody else have fears that they get made fun of and called "Childish" about? Mine are..

- I'm afraid of closets. I can't go to sleep at night with my closet door opened it HAS to be closed otherwise I'll lay there staring at it and whimpering.
- I'm DEATHLY afraid of the dark! Whenever I'm in a room and the lights go out I SCREAM and start running to find some light..this is dangerous because there has been times where I've hurt myself..and even other people. At night I sleep with my lava lamp on.
-I'm afraid of the "monster underneath the bed." When I get up at night to go to the bathroom..I make sure my feet are a good distance away from underneath the bed when I'm coming out..and I JUMP to get back in.

All in all..I'm pretty much afraid of anything that has to do with the dark. I get made fun of about this ALL the time. It really bugs me that people will pick on me about my phobias. It makes me laugh when it's the people that are afraid of stuff like, heights, spiders, snakes that are making fun of me.

I just wanna know..am I alone with these fears? Am I the only person who is 17 years old that is still afraid of her closet?
At 17 I was still creeped out by that stuff. I just didn't admit it. After 17 more years of living (oh man, how can I be 34?) with nothing bad happening to me because of the dark, I am now pretty much over it.

Though if I have reason to believe something is in the house (like I saw something big move out of the corner of my eye the other day), I will search everywhere for it.

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am have always had a phobia to needles.
Anytime I get a shot the doctor has to let me know in advance so I don't see the needle. If I see the needle I will run.
Can't help it either.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I am VERY uncomfortable around guns or other weapons. That's not very childish but I am even afraid of BB guns.

I am also afraid of standing near the track in the subway. I always stand right agains the wall because I'm afraid of falling in and getting run over.
I remember hearing about a guy once who would push people onto the subway track just as a train was coming (likely urban legend) so I never stand in front of the track either!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the dark either!! If I'm at home sleeping alone, I make sure that the TV is on, the doors are locked and Harley is cuddling by my side!

We just recently had a bunch of break-ins in our apartment complex, so now I'm afraid of someone coming in while we're at work and robbing us, and taking Harley....so now I really am afraid of staying home by myself!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really scared of anything, but I'm ...cautious.
I try not to look into a mirror for too long in a dark room because I watch too many horror flicks--I don't want to see someone else's face or dark figure behind me.

When I'm in the dark, I start panicking and thinking there's someone in the room with me. I'm fine at first, but the longer I'm in the dark the more panicked I become and I end up lunging for the light switch, even though I know the chances of an intruder being in the house are slim to none. However, the dark doesn't bother me when I'm trying to sleep and in fact, I like it pitch black when I go to bed.

Oh, but I'm not scared of anything if I'm with someone else. I could go to a cemetery and say satanic rituals if I wasn't alone, but then I could never be alone for the rest of my life.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MrsFishy

If it makes you feel better, I am afriand of BIRDS! I can handle snakes, lizards, spiders, the dark, being alone, bears....just about anything EXCEPT BIRDS! LOL
I just started having a bird phobia a few years ago! I was at my cousins wedding in a paddle boat and there was a big swan nearby. My hand was outside the boat and I felt something- I thought it was a bug! I looked down and the thing was nibbling my ring- I let out a yelp and my cousin- who was about 13 and has some disabilities said- Why don't I just kick it? and made like he was going too! Visions of the thing biting both of us flew through my head, and every since then I don't like any bird bigger than a chicken!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

I remember hearing about a guy once who would push people onto the subway track just as a train was coming (likely urban legend) so I never stand in front of the track either!!
When I was younger my dad worked as a Manager for London underground. They had a problem with people either jumping or being pushed and he brought home a load of videos from the CCTV to see if they could spot the person. I remember pressing play on the VCR and being VERY afraid of subways for a while (and my mum never let him bring work home again)