Chicken Soup Light

novemberflowers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vet recommended my cats lose a couple pounds and recommended Iams Indoor Hairball Formula (dry) food for it's low calories. I initially got that, but there is so much crap filler in it...the ingredients look so gross.... after coming across the ingredients in Chicken Soup Light, I decided to try it instead. When I got it home and looked at the receipt, I realized it is cheaper in price than Iams... this food is good, isn't it? I thought it would be pricier and am concerned that it is so cheap. (I was also hesitant to buy a food that is named after a book series.)

I did open the bag and the food smelled great. I let my cats try some and they couldn't eat it fast enough!

My cats also eat fancy feast. I want to sample some better quality wets (and am considering Chicken Soup) to see if they will eat something better. I want to be feeding my cats healthy foods, not stuff that is equivalent to mcdonalds and frozen meals or something. Any comments on Chicken Soup would be appreciated.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
good food ... but it is IMHO too low in protein and fat( these are what cats use the most of not carbs like humans)

chicken soup = a non fast food hambuger with salad instead of fries

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

novemberflowers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input!
Is the lower fat and protein a characteristic of the brand - or is it because it is a lite formula?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lower protein is the brand overall as I beleive adult has 30% ... the fat is the "light" factor

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the regular adult Chicken Soup....sure, the name is stoopid but it is a good food. I use the dog food, too. The adult cat version does have only 30% protein, but I mix with TOTW to even everything out. Surprisingly, the Lite formula has 32% protein.....but only 9% fat. I tried it once and my cats' skin got dry and flaky.

mizmelzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have all my cats on chicken soup light right now. I have one cat that I'm trying to get to loose some weight. My cats love the food and I have cats with allergies and they are doing great on this stuff. I plan to keep them on it. My cats coats have gotten nice and shiny, even my chubby cat who's coat had been coarse and dull before. So, I think it's a great food at a good price!