Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul ok for Kitten?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Joyces Grooming
Yikes, please forgive me. I must have been thinking of another food! Yes, chicken soup IS an awesome food! I'm enjoying this bulletin board. Please, I BEG your forgiveness!

Joyce
Well....I don't know if we are very forgiving here after what you said.......He He He He......don't worry about it. Everyones opinion at this site is always welcome here right or wrong
By the way.....Welcome to the best cat site on the internet IMO!

joyces grooming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Slave2_ragdolls, thanks! Hey, I saw a new food advertized in Cat Fancy. It's called BLUE, life protection formula. Do you know anything about this one? I'm going to try to find out some info on the internet!

Joyce

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Joyces Grooming
Slave2_ragdolls, thanks! Hey, I saw a new food advertized in Cat Fancy. It's called BLUE, life protection formula. Do you know anything about this one? I'm going to try to find out some info on the internet!

Joyce
Joyce....I am not have not heard of this food as I do not subscribe to Cat Fancy mag. Please post what you find out about the food so we can all learn about it.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link Nern....I looked over the label and it looks pretty good. I only have 2 concerns.....I did not see any where where it mentioned being "naturally" perserved, and the second being I did not see where it said no "by-products" I may have overlooked this however. I am also concerned about the company that mixes the food ingredients together. From what I have learned in my research is the food company does not have to list everything on the label if they did not put the food in the bag. This is a bad loop hole in the system. If another company mixes the food....they can add poisonous perservatives such as BHT, BHA, and or Ethoxyquin which is produced by a known pesticide company called Monsanto. Monsanto makes "Roundup" for the lawn care industry. It is a weed and grass killer. Ethoxyquin was a pesticide and now is a rubber stablelizer used now in rubber tires and is in many pet foods as a perservative.
It is thought to have caused cancer in humans. OK.....enough of my lecture..
The food looks pretty good otherwise.

nern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Slave2_Ragdolls
I only have 2 concerns.....I did not see any where where it mentioned being "naturally" perserved, and the second being I did not see where it said no "by-products" I may have overlooked this however.
"BLUE Life Protection Formula does not use any poultry by-product in any of their dog or cat foods."

"BLUE only uses fresh, human grade chicken meat in all their dry formulations."

"Our protein source is human grade chicken with no rejects or by-products."