Chicken Free Wet Foods

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
So! My housemate's elderly cat is allergic to chicken. Mostly a non-issue since I feed Max in my room, but if I want my child to have more free roam AND convenience myself, I need to make sure the old man isn't going to come hobbling in to lick chicken residue from Max's feeding station when I'm out.

I'm trying to turn Max on to budget wet foods that are chicken free (Instinct venison technically is, it's just too expensive to buy on the regular, and Blue Wilderness likes to sneak chicken in). The pickings are slim and the only variety pack I've found to fit the bill is seafood based Tiki Aloha. Max is a little grudging about eating seafood in wet form, he has to come and go multiple times to finish it off, but he manages it eventually since he's a hungry growing boy. My main problem is that his dry food "snack" at night is already fish based and I don't want him living off fishy foods 24/7. I'd like to change it up without spending half my tiny paycheck just on cat food.

Any recommendations? Other tiki packs that don't lean on chicken? Specific flavors/brands?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Checking them out! I think most of the recommendations are going to be beyond my budget though. Tiki cat's prices are already a stretch, so I'll probably just keep my boy in my room when I can't supervise instead of trying to accommodate another cat's dietary needs.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, any non-chicken food is very expensive. And you have to remember, OTC foods change their formulas, repeatedly.. Prescription food does also, but not as often.

I have had 2 cats in a row with chicken allergies.
I use the prescription Royal Canin--- do not get me started.. always going into shortages, increasing price with each shortage. It is absolutely ridiculous.
With my current guy, I am using RC rabbit as main stay, with Rawz Rabbit as an alternative if there is a shortage, or if Geoffrey is sick of his food, and needs a change. Cats are funny; sometimes when they get sick, (vomiting) with a certain food they shy away from it.. I use the Rawz as a jump starter for appetite; then when better switch back to the RC.

Good Luck!