Chicken by products in dry food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittyowner

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Absolutely it would be best to feed them in separate dishes! They will probably feel more comfortable with this, eat better, and this may also prevent the problem of one cat eating the other cat's portion.

If the meat has cooled after serving, then there shouldn't be any problem putting it back in the fridge, but try and get them to eat the warm portion if you can rather than having to do this.

Another option for you re. portioning is to split the 156g can into 4 meals, rather than two. This way they are getting a little over an ounce per serving to start. They may feel hungrier later in the day and so you can make up any difference then.
I will try the separate plates for the wet stuff tonight. I am home all day today and so I measured just now how much of the half a cup of dry they had eaten. Now I don't know who ate what but I am guessing my picky wet eater ate more dry. There is 1/4 a cup  left.  Also it's not going to matter if one portion is warmed and another is not especially if I put on different plates I guess. 

Well I had better feed myself LOL! Can't forget out humans in this house! LOL! Will let you know how it goes tonight. 

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittyowner

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I put out two plates with food 1/4 cup each both sniffed and one stayed and had a bit from each plate! The other has not touched it nor have I seen her eat dry this evening so far. I will leave it out a bit longer and then just refrigerate it. It's been out about an hour now. I will have to see how it goes and then resort back to what we were doing as that seems to work. I will see. Oh and there is still hard stuff left from the half cup this morning.

Last edited: