CHF Cat Died from Blood Clot to Hind Legs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your condolences.  It's been one week today that Tabby passed and I'm so heartbroken.  I'm very sorry for your loss.

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind words.  They came at a time when I needed to hear them the most.  I have been struggling all day today with guilt about having to make a decision to euthanize my dear Tabby.  I have been playing everything over and over in my head, thinking "could I or should I have done something different?"  You're right, no matter the outcome, we will always second guess our decisions.  It's been one week today so it's been a tough day.  Thank you again, and I'm so sorry for what you went through with Garfield.  I can tell you loved him very, very much.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whew...I am so sorry for the sadness you are facing... it's been 5 weeks for us... for me it's still kinda "shocking" as a diagnosis and final day were all within a month...and it's the little things they did around the house that now triggers those cute moments and makes your heart ache for those moments. (big hugs) as you go through this process but also a big hug for making a life of your kitty so, very very special!

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply and words of kindness.  The ache in my heart feels like it will never go away.  I keep looking to see if he's at the back door, pawing at it to get my attention to let him in.  He's not here to wake me up in the mornings, simply wanting me to give him some attention and hold him in my arms.  There is a dead silence in my house.  I never realized just how much life and love he brought into my house, and to me.  I'm so sorry you have also experienced such a loss.  Thanks for the hugs. :)

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just know a lot of us have felt that horrible pit in our stomach and void as well.... but also know...the pain does lessen and is filled with memories that make you smile..yes maybe with a few tears mixed in...but it's all the process of healing. Today our other kitty Mikki... was laying under the dining room table on a chair where only Minnie used to lay. In fact, since the chair is never used or seen...I haven't had the heart to sweep up the little bit of Minnie's cat hair I see on it. Just to see Mikki there I had to do a double take... as it should be Minnie there... we will always have the "special" places that are their favorites that we eventually look at with less pain, and more comforting smiles, knowing how much joy they gave us.. as well as knowing how comfy their special places were due to us providing for them :)

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I felt it was the only choice I was left with.  It has broken my heart into a million pieces. :(

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are absolutely right.  I know I gave him a wonderful life, it just seems so unfair that he had to endure pain an trauma at the end of his life.  I tried so hard to make his life very special, and spent every moment with him letting him know how much I loved him.  I prayed that when it happened, it would not go down like that, but it did.  Now I have to find a way to erase those memories from my mind and replace them with the 12 yrs. of great memories I have of him.  I just don't know how to do that right now.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ya know... I find my mind "going there" sometimes...the "what if's"... and I shake my head and CHOOSE to NOT let myself go there. It's only natural through our grief and sudden void that we will think of the things that happened so recent... try not to dwell on those things... and move on to the loving memories...as much as you can...those are tear jerkers as well, but it's healthy healing :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Last edited:

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, thank you.  I read this yesterday and it helped me get through a very difficult part of the day.