Chewy And Petsmart

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you aware that Chewy has now been sold to PetSmart??? I found out late this afternoon!!

I am so upset about this! I love Chewy!!! It is the best with customer service and support!
I cannot imagine how things will change once the acquisition occurs...and the prices!! and the varieties of food!

I guess the CEO of Chewy is staying on, for now..but what kind of changes are we in for??

This is not good news for all of us Chewy People...

What are your thoughts on this??

kittycity16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually came to this site to post the same thing, so hopefully this forum gains some attention.

I personally am very shocked.... I understand they are a business and need to make money but I'm surprised they aligned themselves with a company known for poor customer service, bad employee treatment, and a company that breeds and sells fish and other animals. Petsmart does some community good but they have a shotty history especially compared to chewy IMO.

I am also upset that chewy didn't send an email. It'd have been nice to hear the news from them.

I don't know of any merger that has not altered the foundations of the sold company; I don't see how they will operate independently.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I was upset when Petco bought Drs Foster and Smith some time ago. I am not a fan of Petco at all. I've used Drs Foster and Smith mainly for their aquatic section for my reef tank needs.. and so far, everything seems to be the same. Same excellent customer service and quality.

Hopefully Chewy will be the same!

kittycity16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was upset when Petco bought Drs Foster and Smith some time ago. I am not a fan of Petco at all. I've used Drs Foster and Smith mainly for their aquatic section for my reef tank needs.. and so far, everything seems to be the same. Same excellent customer service and quality.

Hopefully Chewy will be the same!

That's actually quite nice to hear.....
Hopefully chewy is the same.... little touches, like their cards and what not. One time they sent me an (unexpected) commissioned painting of my cat as a gift

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Woe is me! Il love their selection of cat toys. I agree things will change, and not for the better. At least they didn't sell out to Petco. That's one nasty place. A few years ago they got caught selling very out of date pet food. I don't mean a week or two, but perhaps over a year.

Chewy is great for customer service. I once called them to order six bottles of Feliway. I asked for aa discount and they gave it to me. Maybe PetSmart will learn from them. However, I doubt it. Bigger is rarely better.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
According to the information I found Chewy will continue to operate as an independent entity.
It is worth noting that Banfields acquired VCA hospitals and many Banfields are in PetSmarts so I guess the concern could be overall price fixing with less competition both in food and supplies as well as veterinary care in the future. Dr. Fosters and Smith has the same excellent service it always seems to have when I order so we can just hope things stay sane.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
According to the information I found Chewy will continue to operate as an independent entity.
It is worth noting that Banfields acquired VCA hospitals and many Banfields are in PetSmarts so I guess the concern could be overall price fixing with less competition both in food and supplies as well as veterinary care in the future. Dr. Fosters and Smith has the same excellent service it always seems to have when I order so we can just hope things stay sane.
I sure hope this is true. Chewy has the BEST customer service of any company I can think of online. Anytime I had shipment problems or, the cats didn't like something they were fantastic about replacing and/or crediting my account. In fact, I just donated 24 cans of something (can't remember off hand) which my two liked but, in another flavor. I assumed that because they enjoyed one, they would the other but nope. Both turned their noses up at it. They credited me $35 for the food. Amazing!

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One thing that I would hope for is that petsmart may make chewy available to Canadians. Iv heard so many good things about chewy and would love to shop from them but they don't ship to Canada.