Chewing Toothbrush. Good Or Bad?

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is a big fan of chewing. Always has been, always will be. Started with electrical cords, tape, and a bunch of other dangerous stuff. I now buy her pigs ears and tiny bully sticks. Seems to do the trick.
Recently caught her chewing my toothbrush.

First thought: ew, need to buy a new one.
Second thought: maybe this is good for her, it's like brushing, but do it herself. Gotta be good for her gum health.
Third thought: what if she chews off shreds of plastic and bristles. Maybe this is a bad thing.

Thoughts?
I know people often brush cats/dogs teeth, but they don't usually leave it out as a chew toy....

BTW: she's raw fed and loves meaty bones, has the jaw strength to do damage to the tooth brush over time I'd think....

While I'm here, any other suggestions for cat chews? She did not take to the cat Kong. She wants to EAT the chew, not lick it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A raw knuckle bone like you'd buy for a dog? Not to be ingested completely, just so she can work the meat and strappy stuff off?
Only one of our cats has interest in this stuff and she powers through the meat and other stuff like crazy. Her teeth are in great shape =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never fed this to cats but maybe look into stuff like beef trachea as a chew as well. I wouldn't over feed as many suppliers can't be sure the thyroid is removed completely but it might be a good crunchy chew she'd enjoy as a special treat a few times a year.