Chev Aveo, anyone have one?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

i went to a KIA dealer and it felt like a bargain basement. The salesmen kept trying to sell me on the defroster wires on the back window. Haven't all cars had this for like forever?
I vowed to return to a different dealer, before I commited to the test drive and quote, etc.
A shopowner in a shop near me loves her KIA. I may check it out.
Thats too bad. Have you thought about Pontaic's? I have an 06 Grand Prix and ADORE it. I've had it for about a year now and its the best car I've ever owned (out of the 5 I've had)
Toyota's are great too, check them out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats too bad. Have you thought about Pontaic's? I have an 06 Grand Prix and ADORE it. I've had it for about a year now and its the best car I've ever owned (out of the 5 I've had)
Toyota's are great too, check them out!
I learned to drive on a Pontiac! Cool, hadn't thought of it. So many types to choose from!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I said, no first hand experience with Kia, only what I've heard from owners.

No clue on their affordability, but you might look into Suzuki as well.
My folks have a Grand Vitara and love it, but it's new, no time for anything bad yet.
They did, until recently have a Geo Metro , one of the first ones 3cyl., made by Suzuki (known as the Suzuki Swift when sold with Suzuki badge), that car was like a timex watch lol

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Chev Aveo!!! And I love it! Mine's about 3 years old. It does 80mph with no shudder but feul consumption is a bit high...of course mine was built in Asia so I don't know if it makes any difference. It is zippy but to me (I'm a bit of speed demon) is still a touch underpowered. It carries 2 large show cat carriers with no problems in the back seat and has a roomy boot space. It's generally a roomy car anyway!

The only problem for me is the driver's seat. Not too comfortable but I'm fussy since I have a back problem.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend has one /// They love the car,.... I found it way too small but looked good ... Now I rented a Malibu WOW nice car :_)

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Kia Rio and it is actually an ok car! I was shocked the first time that I put it in the shop and the maintenance and oil change was like $120. It was extremely cheap compared to my old Ford!

Insurance on them is super cheap too!