Chemichal Burn from Provacta?

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I treated all 5 of my remaining kitties with the vets recomended Provacta 2 and Royal about 30 mn affter application began having breathing issues eye glazing and shaking of his head well rushing hom to the vet found he was okay probaby just got some in his mouth now however their is a white baldspot where i put the medicine partly on his shoulder do to squirming this bald patch is unique to that area and looks like the airs just been pulled out or was never their. is this a chemichal burn? the previous vet a/ways perscribed actavil (sp?)but i was told it stopped working. do you belive this spot could be a chemichal burn from the meds i took a damp cloth to his neck durring reaction which may have contributed to it being on the shouldr blade as well as between. if it is a chemichal burn is it smart to try a different topical next month or should i switch to a flea collar for him? hes the only one with the blad patch where the meds were put on.

Catlady5942

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could be a various amount of things. Hard to tell without a pic. I would personally take the kitten to get a second opinion. Sounds to me (I'm assuming bc I can't see for myself and don't know anything medical history on the pet) like he is either over grooming in that area, having an allergic reaction to the medications being given, or that there is a more serious issue like parasites. Like I said it's hard to tell with the info given. I would definitely take him to another vet for a second opinion. Bring the paperwork from the other vet, tell them the 411 and make sure they run every possible test to know what's going on. Allergies, parasites, mites, diseases, seizures, brain injuries, illness, etc. Lots of blood work. Sounds like this kitty is having some serious issues that could end up fatal or permanent if not treated properly. 🤞🙏

Catlady5942

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe post some pics? Is the area red? Inflamed? Is there a rash? Foaming at the mouth? It's hard to know anything without seeing the kitty.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My cat ended up with a bald patch after a topical flea medicine as well. She rarely goes outside so I just don't use any now. I would let your vet know and they may be able to recommend one with a different active ingredient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry it was 1 am anyway the panting and shaking of the head stopped after force feeding him 4 syringes of water lasted untill about 1/2 way to the vets office 15 min drive

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I had one cat only, out of my indoor pets, who reacted to Revolution with small patches of hair with tiny pieces of skin attached coming out when I brushed her....so a reaction is possible.