Cheddar

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss.    Having lost mine in April I know the absolute heartbreak you feel.      All I can add is that it does get better.   I still think of him everyday.  Some days I'll cry when I'm reminded of him.  I still wish I had done things differently.   I think about whether I'll see him again.    I gave him a happy life.   Sounds like you did the same for yours.     They were loved while they were here. 

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
" url="/t/285529/cheddar#post_3627836"]I still feel pretty lonely. I wake up throughout the night. I get up early in the morning and realize there are no pills to give him. I was hoping I would feel a little better but I don't, not at all actually. Thank you for checking in.[/quote]

Sorry my friend. It's only been a week for you. It takes a very long time. What helped me was playing heaps of sport and doing exercise, talking to a pet grief counsellor and counsellors in general and people who have been through it. Coming on here also. Almost 4 months for me and I'm way better but still very upset. I blame myself .

twinkles21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm soooo sorry for your loss 
 It's so hard to lose a family member.

I heard a story once, can't really remember where I heard it, but it comforted me when my Chewbi passed.

There was a man who had completed his count of days, and as he passed the bright light faded and he found himself on a road and there was his beloved dog who had passed on earlier waiting for him.

Once they said their hellos, they started on their journey down the road and after a while they came to a brilliant gate that shone like gold and outside was a guard to who greeted the man warmly. "Welcome to Heaven, We've been waiting for you" the guard said and then explained all the comforts and luxuries that were already laid out for him.

"Well that sounds great" said the man, and he beckoned his dog to follow him in. 

"I'm sorry, animals are not allowed inside" the guard said

Then man looked at his beloved friend and then back to the guard and said "oh, well, thank you for your offer, but I think we'll just keep on walking for a bit" and they continued on down the road. After a bit longer they came to another gate that looked identical to the first one, only the guard was different.

He approached the guard and said "What is this place?"

"This is Heaven" the guard said. "If you'd like to come inside we will have a place prepared for you"

The man looked at his dog then and said "Well, is he allowed in?"

The guard smiled and said "Of course, we wouldn't separate family"

The man smiled and as they were all walking through the gate the man said "You know, that man down there said they were Heaven"

"Oh no, that's hell" said the guard

"Doesn't it bother you that they are using your name?" asked the man

The guard smiled and said

"Not at all, They do a good job of filtering out those who would leave their best friends behind"

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Cheddar. :rbheart:

I would like to tell you a little story.
When my boy crossed the bridge just over a year ago I was devastated. There were many nights that I couldn't sleep and would just lay in bed quietly sobbing trying not to wake my hubby (he gets up very early). On one of these nights I decided to get up and go into the spare bedroom and look out of the window for a while to calm myself. As I turned the blind open there was a cat sitting across the street looking at me! If I hadn't lost my boy I would have sworn it was him. I watched this cat and this cat seemed to watch me and then it walked slowly to the corner of the street under the streetlight, turned and looked at me and then walked round the corner. I was smiling, why, I don't know. Was it a sign?, I don't know. Did I dream it?, I don't think so. Whatever happened that night made me feel better, calmer even.

Time will ease your pain. Slowly you will be able to remember Cheddar and be able to smile at all of the good times you spent together.:catguy::heart3:

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There was a man who had completed his count of days, and as he passed the bright light faded and he found himself on a road and there was his beloved dog who had passed on earlier waiting for him.
Once they said their hellos, they started on their journey down the road and after a while they came to a brilliant gate that shone like gold and outside was a guard to who greeted the man warmly. "Welcome to Heaven, We've been waiting for you" the guard said and then explained all the comforts and luxuries that were already laid out for him.
"Well that sounds great" said the man, and he beckoned his dog to follow him in.
"I'm sorry, animals are not allowed inside" the guard said
Then man looked at his beloved friend and then back to the guard and said "oh, well, thank you for your offer, but I think we'll just keep on walking for a bit" and they continued on down the road. After a bit longer they came to another gate that looked identical to the first one, only the guard was different.
He approached the guard and said "What is this place?"
"This is Heaven" the guard said. "If you'd like to come inside we will have a place prepared for you"
The man looked at his dog then and said "Well, is he allowed in?"
The guard smiled and said "Of course, we wouldn't separate family"
The man smiled and as they were all walking through the gate the man said "You know, that man down there said they were Heaven"
"Oh no, that's hell" said the guard
"Doesn't it bother you that they are using your name?" asked the man
The guard smiled and said
"Not at all, They do a good job of filtering out those who would leave their best friends behind"

Whew made me tear up...have to steal this one! Thanks!

Last edited: