Checkbook

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

sorry Kenz....I don't balance mine at all....I just keep up with it online daily....
.....hey, it's hard enough keeping up on TCS & this Reese/Ryan divorce....I certainly don't have to balance my check book.
Of course, I know I've been trying to keep up with the divorce as well, only to see how my chances are with him
So far, slim to none

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I balance mine every month when the bank statement comes and if it doesn't come out exactly right, DH is in trouble because he probably messed up on the arithmetic. I will find the mistake though.
I just spent a couple of hours doing my mom's since she doesn't do it. It takes a long time when no deposits or atm withdrawals have been entered--UUGH!

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never write checks, only use my debit card. I keep receipts and check my online balance every other day. So far my bank hasn't made any mistakes, except for accidentally charging me $5 a month for checking a few times, even though I'm a student and get free checking. Luckily my friend works there and straightens it out as soon as I call

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't bother balancing a checkbook either. I do all of my banking online and I know what bills and transactions I make so I can see right away what has gone through my account. Besides, I rarely write checks. I opt for online bill payment and use debit the rest of the time.

Why waste time balancing a checkbook when it's all there for you online? It's like reinventing the wheel. If you really want a hard copy statement, print out the bank one from your online bank account.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We keep every single debit receipt, and record them and pay bills every Saturday morning so we always know our balance. On two occasions the bank has taken out duplicate car payments!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I don't balance my checkbook but I check my account daily and if Ihave any questions I call right away. I have been charged twice by a store and gotten it straightened out immediately. other than that i haven't had any problems. I also have a wallet full of receipts. They don't get thrown out very often so I always have proof of what i have spent and where.
Thats what we do, only we keep all the receipts and go over them about once a month as some of them get written off as business expenses and he is terrible at knowing which ones go where so he just keeps all of them