Check out these apartments

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know you've heard about me rave about the beautiful place where I live. Our natural surroundings would take anyones breath away. But if your looking for a urban environment, this is not it. I have to travel about 3 hours to Green Bay to find a real mall. Cost of living is low though and for 100,000 you can buy a lot of house. Because of our many lakes, we have people from Chicago and Detroit who build gorgeous retirement or summer homes here.

harrythecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Houses in my neighborhood are around $400,000, and less than a mile up the hill from me they are over a million -- I'll never own ... unless Harry & Maggie start bringing home the bacon!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't get over how cheap rent is in Lincoln NE. I wish I could have the same rent, living here in Los Angeles. Rent is A LOT more, let me tell you.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
they are all nice. I think I liked lionsgate the best.

it's crazy how much the cost of living fluxuates across the country.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked the Waters one also. It is expensive here also but some of them have special deals like one month rent free or half of the first month, etc. Pet rates are way up, now they charge per month in addition to the pet deposit that you may or may not get back when you move out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I can't believe that some of you pay so much for housing! Yowzers! That's a lot of money! I just don't know how you guys could handle everything being so expensive. My Dad & I figured that with my new wages I'll be able to afford a place up to $500 to $550 a month. I'm just amazed that I'll be able to afford it, but I can't believe that rent is that high. It just seems like wasted money to me...but I can't buy a place either since I'll be moving every few years.

Hey Sicy...wanna move to Nebraska & be my neighbor?
LOL!

nighteyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my
I just cannot believe what we pay in Ca. For what I payed for my house in Ca, I could have a mansion somewhere else(lol)

All the apts look nice.

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shell i like Lion Gate also, i would guess you will choice the one that will allow all your cats, dont you have more than one? i am blown away by some of these rent prices, but the cost of living is different in different places, you can rent a real nice house around here for 400-600 a month, they all look nice. good luck on choosing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...I've got 2 cats. I plan on taking them both with me (Tiki & Echo...Bud is my brothers cat so he won't be going with me
). But I could lie & tell them I have only 1 cat...but it would be hell to pay if I got caught.