Check out my new shoes!!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Well I'm glad you guys like them. I just had afternooon tea with a "friend" (who has been getting on my nerves lately), and I told her how excited I was about them, and she pulled a face, and said "yeah, I noticed you were doing that weird Californian boots and 3/4 pants thing, what's with that".
It's not a look I would normally do, but I wanted to wear my new boots, so I figured since it's supposedly fashionable, I would give it a go. Even if I didn't care for a particular fashion, if someone was excited about a new purchase, I would never say something like that, especially with such a sneer. Sigh.
I think she was just sad because she didn't get any hot shoes!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Now I just have to learn how to walk down the stairs in them without holding onto the railing with one hand, and the wall with the other...
I see two options here. 1) don't put your boots on until you get down the stairs or 2) learn to only hold on with one hand... one hand is smartly cautious... 2 screams "I'm going to fall on my arse"

Well I'm glad you guys like them. I just had afternooon tea with a "friend" (who has been getting on my nerves lately), and I told her how excited I was about them, and she pulled a face, and said "yeah, I noticed you were doing that weird Californian boots and 3/4 pants thing, what's with that".
It's not a look I would normally do, but I wanted to wear my new boots, so I figured since it's supposedly fashionable, I would give it a go. Even if I didn't care for a particular fashion, if someone was excited about a new purchase, I would never say something like that, especially with such a sneer. Sigh.
She's just jealous! Probably because she didn't get any cool new shoes at a steal and because you make the "californian" style look good! BTW, that's not just a california trend... I happen to enjoy wearing that look and Im in the midwest.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so jealous! I've been boot shopping for 2 weeks now with no luck
I need boots that are low (no heel) slip on and are fashionable. All the ones I find are $100+

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I'm so jealous! I've been boot shopping for 2 weeks now with no luck
I need boots that are low (no heel) slip on and are fashionable. All the ones I find are $100+
Oh good luck with that! I'm on a never-ending quest to find comfortable boots that have a low heel, don't look completely ugly, and are slip on or zip up. Yep, I'll get back to you when I find a pair for under $100 too!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For $4, you should have bought those boots regardless of size...they don't make ebay for nothing!
Those are great boots, and congrats on the deal of the century!

That girl was just being a Debbie Downer.
Enjoy your boots, and wear them with whatever you like!