Cheapest Bulk Wellness 12.5 oz Cases

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that Amazon has raised their prices on Wellness 12.5 oz wet food 12-packs from $26.99 to $30.49 shipped, and they dropped all but chicken flavor.

Anyone have a better source? Petsmart only carries the 5.5oz, and Petco doesn't carry instore and online charge $8 shipping + tax killing the savings.

http://www.amazon.com/Wellness-Canne...2121492&sr=8-1

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
honestly my local pet store ( very small) has them for 1.99-2.25 a can and they give a 10% discount ... feed store will order and gives a 20% case discount and their price is 1.69-1.89 before % off

Ask the Petco GM if they will order ... mine gives a 10-20% case and volume discount

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

honestly my local pet store ( very small) has them for 1.99-2.25 a can and they give a 10% discount ... feed store will order and gives a 20% case discount and their price is 1.69-1.89 before % off

Ask the Petco GM if they will order ... mine gives a 10-20% case and volume discount
Thanks.

I'll try that at Petco. My local one is literally walking distance from my house, but they are so expensive compared to Petsmart on just about everything, so not getting my hopes up, heh! *crosses fingers*

I didn't understand the part about "feed store". Is that the name of a national chain? Googled it and wasn't sure. I'm in Houston, TX.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feed store = feed and farm , farm and home , Co op and most anyplace that sells chicken feed and supplies and horse feed and supplies...

Also talk to Petsmarts GM .... Likely no case discount but they do have access to them just not as a regular stock option

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes they have one ...but like many sites it has some very old info ... like a store that has not been in business for a yr

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to buy it online, but its too expensive. I'm stuck though...I can only find ONE store nearby that sells GOOD food and the Wellness is $3.59 per can.
What I don't understand is that Wellness is the only brand they sell in the larger cans. Every other brand is in the small cans. There are only two big name pet shops around and they don't see high quality foods. Yay for Nova Scotia!

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I buy my 12.5 cans by the case at the local pet store for $2.50 a can. Petco is $2.89 a can and I think Petsmart is $2.69 a can. BUT..Petco and Petsmart also price match so I take my receipt from my local store and they match it. So if you take your old receipt for $26.99 to Petsmart or Petco they will match it. There's no time frame on those receipts.

I've always fed my 4 cats good quality food but with the prices going up as they are, I'm finding myself lowering my standards a little. Innova is also a good food and that is $1.59 a can.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MNJULZ

I buy my 12.5 cans by the case at the local pet store for $2.50 a can. Petco is $2.89 a can and I think Petsmart is $2.69 a can. BUT..Petco and Petsmart also price match so I take my receipt from my local store and they match it. So if you take your old receipt for $26.99 to Petsmart or Petco they will match it. There's no time frame on those receipts.

I've always fed my 4 cats good quality food but with the prices going up as they are, I'm finding myself lowering my standards a little. Innova is also a good food and that is $1.59 a can.
Thanks! I'll try to find local non-chain stores then too. *crosses fingers*

I suppose that is a better question to ask then, what other quality bulk food similar to Wellness wet is affordable online or at national chains everyone can enjoy.

I looked at the Innova just now, and am a little curious about some of the ingredients though. It has eggs, herring, apples, and skim milk in there pretty high up on the ingredient list for the cat/kitten formula. Seems odd. Thoughts?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggs GREAT ( the whites are cooked and not an issue
)

Herring Good if no allergies are present

Apples... well that is for the humans

Skim milk .. mine love it and luckily are not lactose intolerant

begemot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes petfooddirect.com has okay prices. The key is that they always have coupons for 15% off (sometimes 20% off) which makes up for shipping if you buy enough. Like right now, the wellness 12/12.5-oz cans are $28.99, and if you get more than three cases the discount more than covers the shipping. If you get as many as five cases, the promo gives you $21.75 back, and shipping costs $15.34. So the cans end up being a little cheaper than $28.99 for 12. If you go over a certain weight (somewhere around 75 pounds?) the shipping costs suddenly double, though.

Not as good as finding a deal locally, but still something.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Petfooddirect ships out of PA, so the cost varies and is unfortunately considerably more expensive shipping to TX. Doh!

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pet Supplies Plus will defiantly order you cases of the Wellness (PSP is one of the cheapest pet food places around me). I use to work at one and they were very good about special orders.

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you give Petco your receipt for $26.99 they will price match that. (or whatever price is on any receipt). I got mine this last week for $2.00 a can. I can mail you my receipt and you can use that. If you send me a private message with your address I will send you the receipt. You can use that numerous times.