Cheaper Grain Fee Cat Food

milky07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hubby got laid off, atr1um from walmart, nutrion first, purina one , first mate grain friendly 5lb 11.99, i live in canada B.C was on natrual balnce 5lb is like 23$ or i can buy wiskas, friskies, no name, catchow, meow mix

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby got laid off, atr1um from walmart, nutrion first, purina one , first mate grain friendly 5lb 11.99, i live in canada B.C was on natrual balnce 5lb is like 23$ or i can buy wiskas, friskies, no name, catchow, meow mix
I like Grain free, but honestly i do not know if it is necessary, unless the cat has a problem with Grains, and few do. In my opinion its more about the balance of protein, fat and carbs. Cats need high protein, medium fat, and low carbs. I don't really care if the carbs come from grains, peas, potatoes, fruits and vegetables, they still are not the best for a cat. some may be a bit better than others, but i don't think grains are the worst of the bunch.

That being said most dry foods, and many wet foods, even grain free have high carb levels, or low protein levels. Out of the foods you mention i like the First mate the best. My next pick would be a Purina food, there are several of those I think are better than wiskas, and meow mix. you may also be able to supplement with some wet? Fancy feast or the Friskies wets? some of those are not bad, if they are in your budget. Otherwise lots of fresh clean water :)

One thing i do is use the catfood database its easy for getting a comparison of different foods. CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milky07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i do buy friskies pate or fancy feast, i even buy pc etrxa meaty wet food,
I can do nutrion first 2kg 10.98
First mate grain frie dly 5lb 11.99
Kirkland brand
Iams
Purina one , i think first mate would be best 5lb for 11.99

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i do buy friskies pate or fancy feast, i even buy pc etrxa meaty wet food,
I can do nutrion first 2kg 10.98
First mate grain frie dly 5lb 11.99
Kirkland brand
Iams
Purina one , i think first mate would be best 5lb for 11.99
if your cats like the First mate i think its a good food, from what i see, i would feed it to my cats :) not a lot of extras in the First mate that they don't need. looks like a quality food.